Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

3rd mercedes i owned
By texasbuyer777

2009 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

first of all, ive owned 2 lexus, not impressed, poor fuel economy, rough ride, cheap interior. at 385 hp my benz screams in passing gear on the highway, usually average 22-25 mpg hwy. 100 mph at 2300 rpm, that is a class all its own, and still plenty of pull. seats are the best ever, massage seats on both front seats, panoramic roof, great looking car, people actually get out of my way on the highway, except, of course those idiots driving saturns! bought it pre owned with 17000 miles...love it

How Good Can It Get
By car guy

2009 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Having moved up from an E500 that I thought was a good ride, this is sheer driving bliss. The quietness, feeling of solidity, lush interior ambiance, smart Euro styling, responsiveness, fore and aft roominess all combine for a memorable driving experience. Although my choice is not heavily optioned, the long list of standard features adequately satisfies my convenience and comfort wants. The paddle shifter capability is of dubious value for my driving habits and they inadvertently get bumped on occasion. I plan for this car to be a long term keeper and knowing that MB maintenance cost is expensive, I opted for the extended warranty.

The fiber optic interior lighting is a unique and pleasing touch. The instrument panel and COMAND displays are easily legible in all lighting situations. Great HK sound comes out of all 14 speakers. Parktronic and the backup camera help to maneuver this big car.

Scale back the fender flares to be less truck like. The iPod Integration Kit option at $425 is nothing more than a short cable with a plug. Should be standard equipment. Streamline the owners manual. Repetitiveness makes for a difficult read.

Big and Best
By Pacemaker1

2009 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I don't think there is a whole lot of comparison between this car and BMW 7 series. These are both great cars. If you are in for gadgets then a Lexus LS 460 will do the same with less cost. Having said that it is a different world to drive this beast with the best of world for gadgets and performance. The car is simply mind blowing in terms of latest technology and comfort. Best testimonial for this car can be derived from the fact it is widely used if not most widely by distinguished politicians and celebrities. We all know how unsafe politicians around the world are and their dependence on this car will reassure you all more than an average Joe like me. If you have money this is your toy

Voice commands, large driver friendly navigation screen, ambient lighting, quite interior, quick and effortless acceleration, large leg room in rear, limited clutter of buttons to play with. Effortless bluetooth interface, and sporty look with the AMG package.

Improved gas mileage. Voice recognition can be little challenging initially, everlasting fear someone will leave key damage to my baby since it looks so compelling, large wheelbase which can make sharp turns difficult. I am not sure if touch screen is better than the current set up of using command

I Love my S550!
By Leon

2009 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I love my S550. This automobile is as much fun to drive as it is to look at. The luxurious interior coupled with the ultra quietness of the interior make this car unlike any other. Handling and manuverability on and off the highway is powerful and responsive. The S550 represents the perfect balance between luxury and power.

My favorite feature is the awsome power behind the 12 cylinder Turbo 6.0 liter engine. This car commands respect when I enter the highway. I love the power.