2008 S550 4matic with Distronic plus
By Ingo Rademacher on
2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)
This is my second s class. have owned it for over 2 years and have done 42,000 miles problem free. can't compare ride to any other car that's trying to be in it's class. feels super heavy and planted on the road. 90% FWY drive MPG life average is 20.6 and i see 23-25mpg on my morning drives @77mph. I use Distronic plus (Adaptive cruise control stop-go) 99% of the time. Takes some understanding and becomes easier to use with time. The car drives me to work stress free, all i do is steer. When I come through Malibu canyon late night, i put it in sport mode and use the steering wheel gear shifters. The car turns into a WRX for just long enough ;-) and the engine goes nuts.
Favorite Features
Distronic plus!! engine combined with 4WD, great in snow and rain. raise car 3" high with air suspension for off road or snow. seats. wood steering wheel option is so nice to hold, real elegant. AMG styling package.
Suggested Improvements
Rear window shades should come standard. My 2 year old won't fall asleep in the car cause the ride is so quiet ;-)