Super Sedan
By walter on
2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)
I had this car for a 7months. This car has the best utilization for a super car. I considered Porsche 911 turbo, Audi R8, and Ferrari F430, but with a family, those cars are unacceptable. Considered Alpina B7 but, shaky reliability and it being non-factory car, I disqualified it from my list. I opted for S65 AMG for performance and 4 door convenience. I have not regretted choosing this over Porsches or Ferraris. Until Porsche Panamera or Ferrari comes with a four door sedan, this car has no competition. Plus reliability wise, MB is a far better choice. For now, this is the only choice for supersedan.
Favorite Features
Great performance for its size. There are no compromise and this is by far the heaviest accelerating machine I have seen. Unless Ferrari can build a sedan that outperform F430, this is the best performance sedan. I had E55 AMG and older M5. They were good but, lacked comfort.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is a disfunction which is not neccessarily considered for this price range and category but, it is dreadful. Noise level is quite high for ultra luxury sedans. Muffler jidders and rattles a bit too much in acceleration.