2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
MB Quality is Back
By Review by Owner on 12/01/07 04:14 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

After having a couple of MBs with quality issues we are extremely pleased with the rock solid, problem- free S550 we have now had for several months and 3,000 miles. We waited 6 months to get an S with the ABC option but ABC provides such a great combination of ride and handling that it was worth it. COMMAND is very easy to use (I have never opened the manual) and allows for a dash that is free of button clutter (particularly compared to Lexus LS). You can get gas mileage well into the 20's on the highway but it can degrade to below 15 mpg in urban driving. But you feel so great in this vehicle that you hate to have to get out when you reach your destination

Review By Owner
By FLFX on 09/28/07 14:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Much better in in aspects then my 04 S430. By far the best under 100k Luxury Sedan. The car adapts to your driving style! How the new Consumer Reports can rate the Lexus LS higher is beyond me. It takes a bit to get used to the new COMAND, yet after that you will never want to go back to plastic push buttons again. How on earth could anyone think the controls are difficult to use, unless they never used a computer mouse in their lifetime. I am picky and looked at all in this class, and very satisfied with my purchase. European Luxury Sedans just have better road feel than the Japanese. The S Class has more steel interior parts than Lexus LS & is just a better handling car.

Truly the Best
By Barbara on 07/30/07 23:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S600 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

My husband has been a Mercedes-Benz afficianado for decades but I have always bought whatever car I thought looked the best, which has led me to Audi and BMW many times over the years. Those vehicles were very enjoyable to own but were hopelessly unreliable. I just purchased a new car following my husband's advice (he has an S550 himself) and have never been this pleased with a car. The S is so refined and luxurious I can hardly fathom how I lived without it all this time. This truly is the best luxury sedan available today. So far it is completely problem free and it has that bank vault solidity to it, I am so enamored with this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.