2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Almost Perfect Sedan
By Vincent Wong on 07/30/08 20:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

As a total package, the 2008 S550 sets itself apart from all the super luxury sedans under $100K. I've owned many performance cars: CL500, Porsche 911's, BMW 7 series, Lexus LS430 etc.. The S550 by far is the most comfortable and pampering vehicle in its class. It has a perfect balance (through purposeful engineering) between performance and comfort - it's a well appointed family room on wheels. I'm in total agreement with MB's design philosophy: understated luxury as it is a true way to reflect the owner's sophisticated taste without overstating his/her presence. The S550 is a remarkable automobile.

The best car I have ever owned
By Dr Ted on 06/28/08 18:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned many new cars incuding 9 new Sclass mercedes. I purchased a new 2007 through my local dealers European delivery program. What a blast. The hotels they were incredible. But the hotels paled in comparison to driving the new S Class on the Autobahn. My wife and I both loved that car so much that the following year we went back to Germany and got another one. Well you guessed we are going back for our third one in August 2009. As long as Mercedes keeps making a car of this quality with such a high retained value I am In.

Good Car, Not Thrilled, But Good Car
By ibitty on 06/10/08 15:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is a very beautiful car. Not the best, but nice. Really the best on the market right now, but not sure that says a lot. S550 best of a choice for the current market when compared to the Quattroporte, 7 Series, A8. Cars I wish it came close too, the driving feel and comfort of my 2001 740iL or the elegance of my 2006 Range Rover. I have had it to the shop twice for TPMS and a tire that kept going flat.

Best S series yet
By MTech8 on 03/18/08 08:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Had every generation of MB S class since 1991. This one by far is the best one ever! I can't truly comment on reliability yet since its still a new car. But so far no problems. The drive and the features of the car are great! Plenty of power for everyday driving. If you're a racer, you should be looking at AMG models. Gave the fuel economy an 8. It drinks gas like water, but not uncommon for V8. Think there is definite room for improvement though. Cross shopped against BMW 7 series. Choose this model due to the 7 series getting a model revision very soon.

Ownership
By Bruce Hohler on 02/07/08 10:54 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car is all you would expect from Mercedes Benz. Economy is much better than advertised...25 on the highway at 80 MPH. Comfort is awesome, handling is great and interior layout was well thought out.

MB Quality is Back
By Review by Owner on 12/01/07 04:14 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

After having a couple of MBs with quality issues we are extremely pleased with the rock solid, problem- free S550 we have now had for several months and 3,000 miles. We waited 6 months to get an S with the ABC option but ABC provides such a great combination of ride and handling that it was worth it. COMMAND is very easy to use (I have never opened the manual) and allows for a dash that is free of button clutter (particularly compared to Lexus LS). You can get gas mileage well into the 20's on the highway but it can degrade to below 15 mpg in urban driving. But you feel so great in this vehicle that you hate to have to get out when you reach your destination

Review By Owner
By FLFX on 09/28/07 14:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Much better in in aspects then my 04 S430. By far the best under 100k Luxury Sedan. The car adapts to your driving style! How the new Consumer Reports can rate the Lexus LS higher is beyond me. It takes a bit to get used to the new COMAND, yet after that you will never want to go back to plastic push buttons again. How on earth could anyone think the controls are difficult to use, unless they never used a computer mouse in their lifetime. I am picky and looked at all in this class, and very satisfied with my purchase. European Luxury Sedans just have better road feel than the Japanese. The S Class has more steel interior parts than Lexus LS & is just a better handling car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.