Best Car I have ever owned!
By Bret on
2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)
Well I must say Mercedes finally came out with an S class I love. I felt the old one was very nice, but rather boxy and plain. I purchased the AMG model and it's a stunning looker! They made great lines on this vehicle. I get looks and compliments everywhere I go, and it's truly the most comfortable car i have owned. They really designed the car well. I just wish they would get away from i-drive like the BMW 7 series which I lemon lawed before I bought the Mercedes. It's just an unecessary feature and they need to go back to conventional controls.
Favorite Features
The night vision. The NAV has a very large and easy to read screen. I love where they placed the phone key pad, and I love the digital speedometer screen.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of i-drive, and I hate the gear selector on the steering column. I like it to be where it would be down in the center. Make the paddle shifters actual paddles, not buttons behind the steering wheel. At least for the AMG model, make the paddle shifting more responsive, like the M- series BMW.