2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Things to change
By Darlyne Forister on 10/17/06 13:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I like driving the car. However every time my husband gets in to drive he will hit the little buttons on the bottom of stering wheel and puts it into another gear. No one told us about this button. So we din't know what was going on. Also the small light in the front of car (on bottom) keeps coming out. Have tried to put it back myself but it won"t stay in place. I also have trouble with the phone system. I have to reprogram it every time. This should not be.

Great car
By al on 09/23/06 05:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Great car, easy to use. The electronics are vey easy to understand, the controller and dash controls are great. The transmision is terrific, and the fuel consumption on the highway is 24mpg, which is pretty good for a car this size. The only thing that I don't like is the design of the front bumper. The front grille is too close to the edge of the bumper and offers very little front end protection. Be careful where you park this car. Keep clear of SUVs and any vehicle with a wheel mounted on the rear. Mercedes is going to sell a lot of grilles for this car.

Outplays Bentley and BMW
By Proud S65 AMG owner on 08/03/06 14:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2007 Mercedes Benz S65 AMG is the best car I ever owned. I have owned a Bentley Continental Flying Spur, a Bentley Arnage, Maserati Quadroppe, and have driven a BMW 760 Li. None can compare to the true luxury car, the S65. For a 604 horsepower V12, I get a great 19.8 miles to gallon highway as an average, and every so often, I get 22. The ride is comfortable. It has agressive AMG styling and performance. To all who look for a true luxury car under $200,000 that (technically) compares to a Maybach 57s or a R-R Phantom, forget Bentley( Let me remind you, thought, the Bentley is good). Go for the excellent 2007 S65 AMG V12 BiTurbo.

2007 S550
By f hughes on 08/03/06 14:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Very nice car. Replaced S430. Too expensive but it is a new model & early in the model year.

Mercedes S550
By K. OBrien on 08/01/06 16:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The S550 is a great looking vehicle. However, my vehicle has been in the repair facility three times in less than two months of ownership and it's still not fixed. The vehicle is on its third set of tires since I purchased it in June. It is also next to impossible to put fuel in the vehicle at a rate above a trickle.

Chic and Smooth
By Jessica on 07/31/06 10:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The best car I have ever owned! It's smooth and gets pretty good gas mileage. It has room in the back and front! Great technology. I like the backup camera and parking sensors. Not to mention those great massage seats and the panoramic roof. This car is sure to turn heads anywhere you go!

Favorite car I own
By Mike on 07/17/06 18:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is simply the most incredible car I have ever driven. It's like a mini version on my '07 Maybach 67. I love this car. I drive it everyday. It haddles like a champ and the fact that the headlights follow the wheel is a big plus. It's one of the best cars I have purchased by far.

Best of the Best
By "J" in Connecticut on 06/28/06 09:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I test drove the BMW-750 and Audi S8, no contest, the S550 wins by a knockout. I got the obsidian black- with-savanah cashmire interior and 19 inch wheels. Critics of the exterior look ought to get examined. This car is fabulous looking. The interior is a masterpiece, and "command" is now so simple and intuitive. Performance is so smooth and effortless, this is a driver's car. I also got the "dynamic rear view moniter', what a great safety devise and... "keyless go", what a plesure that is. This car takes the "luxury" sedan to a new level.

The Best
By Wahoo on 06/16/06 07:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have the limited edition and have never owned or driven a nicer car. It's fast, smooth, roomy front and back and gets surprisingly good gas mileage (25.5mpg on the interstate and 21.6 overall for the first 3000 miles). My wife and my mother rave about the seat massage. I love this car!

Best ever S Class
By BJ Arun on 05/28/06 22:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I was lucky enough to get one of the 1,000 launch edition cars. This was the only way to get the rear view camera assist + night vision. Came with 19" wheels, panoramic roof (front and back), designo (Graphite) color, napa leather, sat radio and multicontour seats. The front seats deserve special mention since not only do they have massage settings, but the driver's seat provides excellent wrap-around support by inflating/ deflating based on how fast you are cornering. The overall experience is fabulous since the design, build quality and performance have all been taken to the max. The famous Mercedes Benz S Class 'presence' is back with this car. It definitely makes hearts beat faster!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.