Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz S-class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

One of the best cars I have ever owned.
By cc-1945

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third Mercedes and by far the best This car has great looks and the interior styling is excellent. I love driving this car. Like others, I'm hoping that the long term service history will be good.

Favorite Features

Dynamiic multicontour front seats, rear camera, and night view assist.

Suggested Improvements

Buttons on steering wheel and shift lever.

A Dream that Rides
By Craig Townsell

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

As I drove the vehicle, I felt a sense of safety and I completely fell in love with the car. It is very intuitive and has a certain presence as people see you drive past them.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature of the vehicle is using command located in the center console. And the navigational system is in my sight as I drive.

Suggested Improvements

There are no improvements that need to be made to this vehicle. It is completely perfect the way it is. It is after all,"The Most Beauiful Car in the World"

Not worth the money
By western6

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third Benz, first and last S class. The handling on this car is poor compared to my '05 E class with AMG package. The seats are not supportive in spirted driving. The panorama roof does not have a one touch feature. My old car had an altimeter on the navigation, this car does not. I will most likely will try somthing else next time.

Favorite Features

Room

Suggested Improvements

Better handling, add altimeter back in to navigation. Better build quality. I have wind noise from driver's door and two ratles in the car. One in the dash and in the pasenger seat.

S550
By bill

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Outstanding car, great handling. I love the new GPS. The interior is great and it is by far better than any other luxury sedan out there.

Favorite Features

Everything is great

Suggested Improvements

None

Steering wobble but great car
By Pool

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

First week: Brakes squeal, wobble in steering wheel at 65 mph, mirrors won't adjust downward in reverse and Parktronic starts blaring in traffic. Dealer fixes brakes, Parktronic, replaces four tires, re-aligns. Second week: Steering still wobbles - dealer says balance is off - must have thrown a weight. Third week: Steering still wobbles. Dealer spends 4 days working on problem. Day due to be delivered, dealer says Mercedes issues service bulletin re: problem with bushings and control arms in front (this sounds like suspension which is what I have been telling them from day 1). Replaced control arms and bushings. Now passenger seat quits adjusting to turns, et. Drives perfect now.

Favorite Features

Exterior design. Gobs of torque. Whisper quiet. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Put a dc outlet in the console. Bluetooth compatability and IPod integration should have come with car for $104,000. Should not have to pay $1300 to have these installed. Shameless ripoff on these items.