Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz S-class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

This Car is No Good
By Goku

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

When I started driving, it was very uncomfortable. When I got on the road, the car started slipping. Then it stopped slipping. So I went and drove home to my hometown, Chicago, IL. When I arrived, I turned into my street and my back wheel started drifting. It almost crashed but luckily it did't. The fuel in my tank was OK and it was better then my other car. It looks good but i will never rely on that car anymore. As soon as the weather is better I'll go and return the car. It was not ery fun to drive.

Favorite Features

GTS

Suggested Improvements

Better performance and more comfortable seats.

Poor workmanship & Dealer service
By Poor workmanship

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned Mercedes for the last 40 years, and this car is absolutely the most poorly built and least reliable. All others were fine. With 9500 miles, mine has loud squealing brakes, a backup camera that is unusable due to poor optics, Nav map display "jumps" constantly, worse than my hand held $80 Garmin E-Trex. This is the most irritating item of all, and Map must be turned off at night to prevent annoying distraction. The car pulls rt. on 95% of the roads.

Favorite Features

More interior room than S500. MPG is very good on highway avg approx 26-27 mpg

Suggested Improvements

Bigger side view mirrors. Have a backup camera that has enough resolution and contrast to be usable. If Lexus can, why can't MB?

Best quality /price ratio
By christophe

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

Got this car for one year. Computer system easy to use not like the Idrive (cancelled the purchase of an M6 convertible due to this stuff). Even the night vision is usefull mostly at suset and dawn.

Favorite Features

Acceleration of a sportscar, with backmassage (not avaiable on s65)

Suggested Improvements

DVD screen for back passenger and convertible

Ray of Torrance
By ray jimenez Suzuki

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is my 4th Mercedes Benz in 5 years and happy with all of them especially the S550 class equipped with optional versatile features. I have had problems with the computers once in a while but Mercedes take cares of them well. My daily driving experience is great but you have to watch out the gas consumption especially I am driving a 4matic all wheel drive. Watch out the auto gear shifting as sometimes shifting goes to lower gear when shifting to "D" mode.

Favorite Features

Dynamic driving is one of my favorite but the pulse mode needs to be modified to a much stronger one but not to the extent of making the driver fall to sleep.

Suggested Improvements

Back bumper needs to be painted well, very thin paint applied over the plastic type bumper, seems like money were spent most likely on computers and some areas of the exterior parts were overlooked.

Best Luxury Vehicle
By Tonee

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The Mercedes S550 is by far the best premium luxury car in its class. It handles great, looks great and is overall a really awesome car. I love driving it around town everyday and getting all the looks, my children love driving it too. They say it's a chick magnet.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Should have keyless start-up as standard equipment not part of a $2000 plus package.