2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
One of the best cars I have ever owned.
By cc-1945 on 04/15/07 06:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third Mercedes and by far the best This car has great looks and the interior styling is excellent. I love driving this car. Like others, I'm hoping that the long term service history will be good.

A Dream that Rides
By Craig Townsell on 04/14/07 18:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

As I drove the vehicle, I felt a sense of safety and I completely fell in love with the car. It is very intuitive and has a certain presence as people see you drive past them.

Not worth the money
By western6 on 04/06/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third Benz, first and last S class. The handling on this car is poor compared to my '05 E class with AMG package. The seats are not supportive in spirted driving. The panorama roof does not have a one touch feature. My old car had an altimeter on the navigation, this car does not. I will most likely will try somthing else next time.

S550
By bill on 04/03/07 10:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Outstanding car, great handling. I love the new GPS. The interior is great and it is by far better than any other luxury sedan out there.

Steering wobble but great car
By Pool on 03/27/07 08:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

First week: Brakes squeal, wobble in steering wheel at 65 mph, mirrors won't adjust downward in reverse and Parktronic starts blaring in traffic. Dealer fixes brakes, Parktronic, replaces four tires, re-aligns. Second week: Steering still wobbles - dealer says balance is off - must have thrown a weight. Third week: Steering still wobbles. Dealer spends 4 days working on problem. Day due to be delivered, dealer says Mercedes issues service bulletin re: problem with bushings and control arms in front (this sounds like suspension which is what I have been telling them from day 1). Replaced control arms and bushings. Now passenger seat quits adjusting to turns, et. Drives perfect now.

Extremely Pleased
By Warren on 03/25/07 18:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The new Mercedes-Benz S550 is my favorite car that I have ever owned. It has the presence and, finally, quality that has attracted me to Mercedes-Benz for more than forty years. This is my sixth S-Class and has reaffirmed my faith in the company (my 2002 S500 had me doubting, although it was very reliable). It performs so effortlessly and coddles me so, it feels like an S-Class should. It has also been completely problem free.

S 550 Fun car, but be careful
By DON on 03/07/07 10:16 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

First week: Brakes squeak. Driving the car is fun. Design is great.. Interior - wow, I love it. I get lots of people looking at the car. You'll love it, but not the overall quality, which in my old 2006 was miserable. Buy it. Enjoy it. And don't worry about the quality, just don't keep it longer than the warranty. That's why I only lease them.

I love the S class
By hihi456 on 02/24/07 02:53 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Not my first Mercedes, and this has definitely been the best one that I have purshased so far, not for its performance, but for its style and comfort. It's great

Quality Vehicle with minor problems
By Cyrus Jan on 02/03/07 11:45 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Brakes squeak. Got the pads changed under warranty. Still sqeaking. Dealership says that this is becuase of asbestos being missing as per Federal requirments. Front ends of the suspension rattle when driving over bumps. Dealership says that this is because the car lowers and is supposed to act like that. Other than that, excellent car.

Looks nice but
By RLP on 01/17/07 12:54 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven. As a professional chauffeur who drives fifteen hours a day, five days a week it's important to feel comforable.The noise level is not as good as in previous models.The driver's seat needs a lot of improvment. Mercedes Benz needs to ask "real time " drivers for suggestions.My 1976-450SLC, 1985- 500SEL,1992-600SEL, 1998-S420, 2000- S430, and 2003-500 4matic. All were more comfortable and quiet than the new 2007-550 4matic I have now. Mercedes is not what it use to be.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.