Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

Lovin it.
By MrTracy

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I like this car. This is my third S Class I had a 96 and an 2002 I also owned a 745LI 2004 and I still have a 2006 750LI. Although the Big Bimmer gets it as a great performance highway car, the Benz is just "The Benz" It is a little more supple laid back & reserved. Performance when you need it and comfort for days. I don't like the AMG wheels on the sports pkg because the interior bends really easily. Also the Dunlop tires that come with it go "Out of rounds" So easily. I truly enjoyed it when this 2007 style came out because the 2000-2006 was way too small. The 90's model which is my favorite was dubbed "Big Body" for a reason.

Nav with traffic update, New air ride suspension. Automatic folding mirrors. Night ision. Rear seat climate. This car is hot

Make massaging seat standard. Make the AMG wheels more sturdy.

Powerhouse on wheels
By Jacob

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned 3 different models of the S class since the 1999 one, and this one by far tops all of them. This reminds me of the 1999 tank S class, except nimbler and more sophisticated, with all its electronics. The power delivery is excellent for a car its size and the interior is pure bliss. The new S class is once again the ultimate luxury sedan.

Amount of leg room, rear heated and ventilated seats, automatic adjustable rear seats, smooth transmission, powerful engine.

None that I can think of.

Finally a rael Mercedes
By kappio

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned 2 Mercedes cars in the past and by far the new S-class is the best car this company has put out. Everything in this car screams luxury and perfection. The ride is super smooth and even as the driver you feel like you're being chauffeured. The cabin is extremely quiet and the interior is designed to be elegant and clutter-free. The computer console is very intuitive and much more user-friendly than BMW's system. I've only owned the car for a week, so I can not say much about the reliability. But from what I have read, Mercedes has stepped up their game and this new generation of the S-class is supposed to be very well built. I own the s550 4matic an get about 16mpg in the city.

Interior and exterior design. Large amount of legroom both front and back. Easy to use computer system. The AMG appearance package really gives the car a killer look.

Lots of options are only added as part of upgrade packages. At this price-point, things like rear seat temperature controls should come standard. If you are in the market for this car, make sure to add at least the Premium 2 package. The side mirrors are a bit small.

Hot Car but not a BMW
By J Walsh

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I tried this powerhouse after driving BMW's for 10 years. More power than you will ever need (3 sets of tires in 18 months) but still an MB and not a BMW in drivability. Total brake failure (fluid drained out) in the first two weeks didn't help with impression but it was fine after that...no maintenance issues. Front fender is ripe for destruction on high parking bumpers. Traded recently for a winter car (S550 with 4Matic) but will go back to an S65 or BMW 7 series soon....

V12 power

Seat needs the BMW alternating pressure pad treatment and accessories plug in should be easily usable

This Car is No Good
By Goku

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

When I started driving, it was very uncomfortable. When I got on the road, the car started slipping. Then it stopped slipping. So I went and drove home to my hometown, Chicago, IL. When I arrived, I turned into my street and my back wheel started drifting. It almost crashed but luckily it did't. The fuel in my tank was OK and it was better then my other car. It looks good but i will never rely on that car anymore. As soon as the weather is better I'll go and return the car. It was not ery fun to drive.

GTS

Better performance and more comfortable seats.