2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Great while working
By craigdabaker on 02/01/12 14:06 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car is a very expensive car to own. I purchased this car in 2009 as a certified used vehicle. This car drives great when it is not in the shop. There are serious brake and transmission problems with this car. I will never ever purchase another mercedes

Finally a rael Mercedes
By kappio on 05/11/08 13:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned 2 Mercedes cars in the past and by far the new S-class is the best car this company has put out. Everything in this car screams luxury and perfection. The ride is super smooth and even as the driver you feel like you're being chauffeured. The cabin is extremely quiet and the interior is designed to be elegant and clutter-free. The computer console is very intuitive and much more user-friendly than BMW's system. I've only owned the car for a week, so I can not say much about the reliability. But from what I have read, Mercedes has stepped up their game and this new generation of the S-class is supposed to be very well built. I own the s550 4matic an get about 16mpg in the city.

This Car is No Good
By Goku on 12/01/07 15:33 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

When I started driving, it was very uncomfortable. When I got on the road, the car started slipping. Then it stopped slipping. So I went and drove home to my hometown, Chicago, IL. When I arrived, I turned into my street and my back wheel started drifting. It almost crashed but luckily it did't. The fuel in my tank was OK and it was better then my other car. It looks good but i will never rely on that car anymore. As soon as the weather is better I'll go and return the car. It was not ery fun to drive.

Poor workmanship & Dealer service
By Poor workmanship on 11/30/07 17:04 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned Mercedes for the last 40 years, and this car is absolutely the most poorly built and least reliable. All others were fine. With 9500 miles, mine has loud squealing brakes, a backup camera that is unusable due to poor optics, Nav map display "jumps" constantly, worse than my hand held $80 Garmin E-Trex. This is the most irritating item of all, and Map must be turned off at night to prevent annoying distraction. The car pulls rt. on 95% of the roads.

Ray of Torrance
By ray jimenez Suzuki on 11/20/07 09:46 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is my 4th Mercedes Benz in 5 years and happy with all of them especially the S550 class equipped with optional versatile features. I have had problems with the computers once in a while but Mercedes take cares of them well. My daily driving experience is great but you have to watch out the gas consumption especially I am driving a 4matic all wheel drive. Watch out the auto gear shifting as sometimes shifting goes to lower gear when shifting to "D" mode.

One of the best cars I have ever owned.
By cc-1945 on 04/15/07 06:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third Mercedes and by far the best This car has great looks and the interior styling is excellent. I love driving this car. Like others, I'm hoping that the long term service history will be good.

Not worth the money
By western6 on 04/06/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third Benz, first and last S class. The handling on this car is poor compared to my '05 E class with AMG package. The seats are not supportive in spirted driving. The panorama roof does not have a one touch feature. My old car had an altimeter on the navigation, this car does not. I will most likely will try somthing else next time.

S550
By bill on 04/03/07 10:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Outstanding car, great handling. I love the new GPS. The interior is great and it is by far better than any other luxury sedan out there.

I love the S class
By hihi456 on 02/24/07 02:53 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Not my first Mercedes, and this has definitely been the best one that I have purshased so far, not for its performance, but for its style and comfort. It's great

Looks nice but
By RLP on 01/17/07 12:54 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven. As a professional chauffeur who drives fifteen hours a day, five days a week it's important to feel comforable.The noise level is not as good as in previous models.The driver's seat needs a lot of improvment. Mercedes Benz needs to ask "real time " drivers for suggestions.My 1976-450SLC, 1985- 500SEL,1992-600SEL, 1998-S420, 2000- S430, and 2003-500 4matic. All were more comfortable and quiet than the new 2007-550 4matic I have now. Mercedes is not what it use to be.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.