Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

I'd buy it again
By Tom Thompson thompson

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Very impressive vehicle all around. Good speed and torque while quite and smooth. Interior lighting is relaxing while cooled seats are comfortable in south Texas I also have an s63 that is basically the same but less comfortable and less smooth; however a lot faster

Great while working
By craigdabaker

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car is a very expensive car to own. I purchased this car in 2009 as a certified used vehicle. This car drives great when it is not in the shop. There are serious brake and transmission problems with this car. I will never ever purchase another mercedes

Finally a rael Mercedes
By kappio

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned 2 Mercedes cars in the past and by far the new S-class is the best car this company has put out. Everything in this car screams luxury and perfection. The ride is super smooth and even as the driver you feel like you're being chauffeured. The cabin is extremely quiet and the interior is designed to be elegant and clutter-free. The computer console is very intuitive and much more user-friendly than BMW's system. I've only owned the car for a week, so I can not say much about the reliability. But from what I have read, Mercedes has stepped up their game and this new generation of the S-class is supposed to be very well built. I own the s550 4matic an get about 16mpg in the city.

Interior and exterior design. Large amount of legroom both front and back. Easy to use computer system. The AMG appearance package really gives the car a killer look.

Lots of options are only added as part of upgrade packages. At this price-point, things like rear seat temperature controls should come standard. If you are in the market for this car, make sure to add at least the Premium 2 package. The side mirrors are a bit small.

This Car is No Good
By Goku

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

When I started driving, it was very uncomfortable. When I got on the road, the car started slipping. Then it stopped slipping. So I went and drove home to my hometown, Chicago, IL. When I arrived, I turned into my street and my back wheel started drifting. It almost crashed but luckily it did't. The fuel in my tank was OK and it was better then my other car. It looks good but i will never rely on that car anymore. As soon as the weather is better I'll go and return the car. It was not ery fun to drive.

GTS

Better performance and more comfortable seats.

Poor workmanship & Dealer service
By Poor workmanship

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned Mercedes for the last 40 years, and this car is absolutely the most poorly built and least reliable. All others were fine. With 9500 miles, mine has loud squealing brakes, a backup camera that is unusable due to poor optics, Nav map display "jumps" constantly, worse than my hand held $80 Garmin E-Trex. This is the most irritating item of all, and Map must be turned off at night to prevent annoying distraction. The car pulls rt. on 95% of the roads.

More interior room than S500. MPG is very good on highway avg approx 26-27 mpg

Bigger side view mirrors. Have a backup camera that has enough resolution and contrast to be usable. If Lexus can, why can't MB?