Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz S-class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

2007 S 550 Special Order Delivered Nov 06
By tedley

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I ordered the Car in August of 06 and took delivery in November 06. I currently have over 160000 miles and have done all of the suggested maintance at the dealer. I have replaced items due to normal use but only had to repair one window that would not roll down and replace the Sirius portion of the radio. This is my first 'S' class and I hope not my last. It still drives better that ANY car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Distronic is the most important feature. I will not get another car without this option.

Suggested Improvements

Read the previews for the 2014 S 550. It will do more that I could ever suggest! Mercedes seems to be one step ahead of everyone else.

transmission problem
By drs777

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

i been around mercedes since 1968 starts with 190D, 300SDL, S420, S500 which is fair and now this S550 is worst in all 22,000 miles the transmission is slipping on me compared to my 2000 S500 besides a rough ride it gave me 99,000 miles before the strut broke, Mercedes should recall this problem i had to restart the ignition to get the transmission going

My First S-Class
By 05duramax

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Just bought this Certified Pre-Owned S550 with only 25,000 miles on it. Previously I've had two E-Class sedans and a CLK550 Cabriolet. To say the S-Class is at a different level is an understatement. I have a learning curve ahead of me to understand all the features and technology. My initial impression is that M-B hit a grand slam homerun with this vehicle. I am also glad I have a bumper to bumper CPO warranty because I know how expensive it is to replace big ticket items on a car like this. I will report back in a few months after I've really gotten to know more about this awesome automobile.

Favorite Features

Effortless power of the 5.5 V-8, Night Vision Assist, massaging seats, 600 watt sound system, Panorama sunroof, parking assist . . . the list goes on an on.

Suggested Improvements

Too soon to tell.

Wonderful Car
By Sajjid

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Excellent vehicle! I have had it for 41 Months and I think it is a very nice vehicle. I only wish it could handle an sd card larger than 2 gigs. It also needs a larger hard drive and it should be able to handle music too. Also, recommend that you get the 18" wheels and tires and not the 19" AMG because they only last 10k miles max.

Favorite Features

Soft ride

Lovin it.
By MrTracy

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I like this car. This is my third S Class I had a 96 and an 2002 I also owned a 745LI 2004 and I still have a 2006 750LI. Although the Big Bimmer gets it as a great performance highway car, the Benz is just "The Benz" It is a little more supple laid back & reserved. Performance when you need it and comfort for days. I don't like the AMG wheels on the sports pkg because the interior bends really easily. Also the Dunlop tires that come with it go "Out of rounds" So easily. I truly enjoyed it when this 2007 style came out because the 2000-2006 was way too small. The 90's model which is my favorite was dubbed "Big Body" for a reason.

Favorite Features

Nav with traffic update, New air ride suspension. Automatic folding mirrors. Night ision. Rear seat climate. This car is hot

Suggested Improvements

Make massaging seat standard. Make the AMG wheels more sturdy.