2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan 5.5L V8 7-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-benz S-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

2007 S-Class Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
2007 S 550 Special Order Delivered Nov 06
By tedley

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I ordered the Car in August of 06 and took delivery in November 06. I currently have over 160000 miles and have done all of the suggested maintance at the dealer. I have replaced items due to normal use but only had to repair one window that would not roll down and replace the Sirius portion of the radio. This is my first 'S' class and I hope not my last. It still drives better that ANY car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Distronic is the most important feature. I will not get another car without this option.

Suggested Improvements

Read the previews for the 2014 S 550. It will do more that I could ever suggest! Mercedes seems to be one step ahead of everyone else.

transmission problem
By drs777

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

i been around mercedes since 1968 starts with 190D, 300SDL, S420, S500 which is fair and now this S550 is worst in all 22,000 miles the transmission is slipping on me compared to my 2000 S500 besides a rough ride it gave me 99,000 miles before the strut broke, Mercedes should recall this problem i had to restart the ignition to get the transmission going

My First S-Class
By 05duramax

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Just bought this Certified Pre-Owned S550 with only 25,000 miles on it. Previously I've had two E-Class sedans and a CLK550 Cabriolet. To say the S-Class is at a different level is an understatement. I have a learning curve ahead of me to understand all the features and technology. My initial impression is that M-B hit a grand slam homerun with this vehicle. I am also glad I have a bumper to bumper CPO warranty because I know how expensive it is to replace big ticket items on a car like this. I will report back in a few months after I've really gotten to know more about this awesome automobile.

Favorite Features

Effortless power of the 5.5 V-8, Night Vision Assist, massaging seats, 600 watt sound system, Panorama sunroof, parking assist . . . the list goes on an on.

Suggested Improvements

Too soon to tell.

Wonderful Car
By Sajjid

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Excellent vehicle! I have had it for 41 Months and I think it is a very nice vehicle. I only wish it could handle an sd card larger than 2 gigs. It also needs a larger hard drive and it should be able to handle music too. Also, recommend that you get the 18" wheels and tires and not the 19" AMG because they only last 10k miles max.

Favorite Features

Soft ride

Lovin it.
By MrTracy

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I like this car. This is my third S Class I had a 96 and an 2002 I also owned a 745LI 2004 and I still have a 2006 750LI. Although the Big Bimmer gets it as a great performance highway car, the Benz is just "The Benz" It is a little more supple laid back & reserved. Performance when you need it and comfort for days. I don't like the AMG wheels on the sports pkg because the interior bends really easily. Also the Dunlop tires that come with it go "Out of rounds" So easily. I truly enjoyed it when this 2007 style came out because the 2000-2006 was way too small. The 90's model which is my favorite was dubbed "Big Body" for a reason.

Favorite Features

Nav with traffic update, New air ride suspension. Automatic folding mirrors. Night ision. Rear seat climate. This car is hot

Suggested Improvements

Make massaging seat standard. Make the AMG wheels more sturdy.

Powerhouse on wheels
By Jacob

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned 3 different models of the S class since the 1999 one, and this one by far tops all of them. This reminds me of the 1999 tank S class, except nimbler and more sophisticated, with all its electronics. The power delivery is excellent for a car its size and the interior is pure bliss. The new S class is once again the ultimate luxury sedan.

Favorite Features

Amount of leg room, rear heated and ventilated seats, automatic adjustable rear seats, smooth transmission, powerful engine.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.

Best Luxury Vehicle
By Tonee

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The Mercedes S550 is by far the best premium luxury car in its class. It handles great, looks great and is overall a really awesome car. I love driving it around town everyday and getting all the looks, my children love driving it too. They say it's a chick magnet.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Should have keyless start-up as standard equipment not part of a $2000 plus package.

The Best Luxury Car Ever.
By Louis27

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Saying that the new S Class Mercedes Benz is lavish is an understatement. For me this has to be by far the best luxury sedan. I also have a 2006 750 BMW that I think its great in every sense of the word. But I like the S Class a little bit more. This is a better car than the older S Class Mercedes Benz in every possible way. It handles better, rides better, fit and finished, the sound system, navigation, and all of the controls.

Favorite Features

I have to say everything about this car. The styling is phenomenal inside and outside. The navigation or “Command System” works great, I have my phone book in it and the fact that I can make a phone call by voice commands, change the temperature on my climate control, change radio stations, etc.

Suggested Improvements

So far, I have to say nothing. Great car.

Issues with Suspension
By MBZs550SoCal

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased my 2007 S550 9/06. I have read many posts about front suspension issues. My vehicle starting making noise fron the front wheels. At first it sounded like a squeek and then got worse. Sometimes it goes away, then comes back. The first time I took it in they said it was an issue with a bolt on the suspension they tightened. I was suspicious. I got the car back and sure enough the issue was not resolved. I took it in last week for the same problem. Now, they got the shop forman in the issue and guess what, they are changing the entire front chasis. I have interior ratle noise and humming too.

Favorite Features

The car is an amazing vehicle. If you get this car with the rear sunroof, make sure you get the car in black. It matches perfectly and won't look like a cop car. I had back problems before I got this car. I no longer do. Seats are excellent. Silent strong engine.

Suggested Improvements

My dad's Toyota Camry comes standard with bluetooth technology built in. Shame on Mercedes. Voice Recognition is useless! Humming noise in car, Rattles. Power issue on steep inclines from dead start.

An awesome hi-tech rocket
By Charles Sutnick

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The new interior is awesome. Little clutter. Wonderful adjustable mood lighting all aroud the dash and four doors. Acceleration is like a rocket. There are tri-dundant ways to operate various systems like audio, navigation and telephone. The LCD navigation display is crystal clear. Entering addresses for some destinations can be difficult if you don't know the zipcode. The quality of the built-in Bluetooth phone inferface is excellent. I actually get 26.6 mpg on the highway with the cruise control set at 70 mph. That's 2.4 mpg better than the window sticker predicts.

Favorite Features

Cornering lamps that come on when vehicle slows to 25 mph. When the turn is over, they fade out slowly. New quick touch lane change feature: just quickly tap the turn signal lever and it flashes 3 times.

Suggested Improvements

Larger outside rearview mirrors. A full-size spare tire.