2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
2007 S 550 Special Order Delivered Nov 06
By tedley on 08/27/13 15:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I ordered the Car in August of 06 and took delivery in November 06. I currently have over 160000 miles and have done all of the suggested maintance at the dealer. I have replaced items due to normal use but only had to repair one window that would not roll down and replace the Sirius portion of the radio. This is my first 'S' class and I hope not my last. It still drives better that ANY car I have ever owned.

transmission problem
By drs777 on 11/21/11 12:29 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

i been around mercedes since 1968 starts with 190D, 300SDL, S420, S500 which is fair and now this S550 is worst in all 22,000 miles the transmission is slipping on me compared to my 2000 S500 besides a rough ride it gave me 99,000 miles before the strut broke, Mercedes should recall this problem i had to restart the ignition to get the transmission going

My First S-Class
By 05duramax on 10/02/11 04:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Just bought this Certified Pre-Owned S550 with only 25,000 miles on it. Previously I've had two E-Class sedans and a CLK550 Cabriolet. To say the S-Class is at a different level is an understatement. I have a learning curve ahead of me to understand all the features and technology. My initial impression is that M-B hit a grand slam homerun with this vehicle. I am also glad I have a bumper to bumper CPO warranty because I know how expensive it is to replace big ticket items on a car like this. I will report back in a few months after I've really gotten to know more about this awesome automobile.

Wonderful Car
By Sajjid on 02/03/10 15:46 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Excellent vehicle! I have had it for 41 Months and I think it is a very nice vehicle. I only wish it could handle an sd card larger than 2 gigs. It also needs a larger hard drive and it should be able to handle music too. Also, recommend that you get the 18" wheels and tires and not the 19" AMG because they only last 10k miles max.

Lovin it.
By MrTracy on 10/10/08 12:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I like this car. This is my third S Class I had a 96 and an 2002 I also owned a 745LI 2004 and I still have a 2006 750LI. Although the Big Bimmer gets it as a great performance highway car, the Benz is just "The Benz" It is a little more supple laid back & reserved. Performance when you need it and comfort for days. I don't like the AMG wheels on the sports pkg because the interior bends really easily. Also the Dunlop tires that come with it go "Out of rounds" So easily. I truly enjoyed it when this 2007 style came out because the 2000-2006 was way too small. The 90's model which is my favorite was dubbed "Big Body" for a reason.

Powerhouse on wheels
By Jacob on 07/12/08 11:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned 3 different models of the S class since the 1999 one, and this one by far tops all of them. This reminds me of the 1999 tank S class, except nimbler and more sophisticated, with all its electronics. The power delivery is excellent for a car its size and the interior is pure bliss. The new S class is once again the ultimate luxury sedan.

Best Luxury Vehicle
By Tonee on 08/24/07 22:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The Mercedes S550 is by far the best premium luxury car in its class. It handles great, looks great and is overall a really awesome car. I love driving it around town everyday and getting all the looks, my children love driving it too. They say it's a chick magnet.

The Best Luxury Car Ever.
By Louis27 on 07/19/07 10:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Saying that the new S Class Mercedes Benz is lavish is an understatement. For me this has to be by far the best luxury sedan. I also have a 2006 750 BMW that I think its great in every sense of the word. But I like the S Class a little bit more. This is a better car than the older S Class Mercedes Benz in every possible way. It handles better, rides better, fit and finished, the sound system, navigation, and all of the controls.

Issues with Suspension
By MBZs550SoCal on 06/05/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased my 2007 S550 9/06. I have read many posts about front suspension issues. My vehicle starting making noise fron the front wheels. At first it sounded like a squeek and then got worse. Sometimes it goes away, then comes back. The first time I took it in they said it was an issue with a bolt on the suspension they tightened. I was suspicious. I got the car back and sure enough the issue was not resolved. I took it in last week for the same problem. Now, they got the shop forman in the issue and guess what, they are changing the entire front chasis. I have interior ratle noise and humming too.

An awesome hi-tech rocket
By Charles Sutnick on 05/11/07 16:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The new interior is awesome. Little clutter. Wonderful adjustable mood lighting all aroud the dash and four doors. Acceleration is like a rocket. There are tri-dundant ways to operate various systems like audio, navigation and telephone. The LCD navigation display is crystal clear. Entering addresses for some destinations can be difficult if you don't know the zipcode. The quality of the built-in Bluetooth phone inferface is excellent. I actually get 26.6 mpg on the highway with the cruise control set at 70 mph. That's 2.4 mpg better than the window sticker predicts.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.