Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz S-class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

2007 S 550 Special Order Delivered Nov 06
By tedley

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I ordered the Car in August of 06 and took delivery in November 06. I currently have over 160000 miles and have done all of the suggested maintance at the dealer. I have replaced items due to normal use but only had to repair one window that would not roll down and replace the Sirius portion of the radio. This is my first 'S' class and I hope not my last. It still drives better that ANY car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Distronic is the most important feature. I will not get another car without this option.

Suggested Improvements

Read the previews for the 2014 S 550. It will do more that I could ever suggest! Mercedes seems to be one step ahead of everyone else.

Great while working
By craigdabaker

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car is a very expensive car to own. I purchased this car in 2009 as a certified used vehicle. This car drives great when it is not in the shop. There are serious brake and transmission problems with this car. I will never ever purchase another mercedes

transmission problem
By drs777

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

i been around mercedes since 1968 starts with 190D, 300SDL, S420, S500 which is fair and now this S550 is worst in all 22,000 miles the transmission is slipping on me compared to my 2000 S500 besides a rough ride it gave me 99,000 miles before the strut broke, Mercedes should recall this problem i had to restart the ignition to get the transmission going

My First S-Class
By 05duramax

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Just bought this Certified Pre-Owned S550 with only 25,000 miles on it. Previously I've had two E-Class sedans and a CLK550 Cabriolet. To say the S-Class is at a different level is an understatement. I have a learning curve ahead of me to understand all the features and technology. My initial impression is that M-B hit a grand slam homerun with this vehicle. I am also glad I have a bumper to bumper CPO warranty because I know how expensive it is to replace big ticket items on a car like this. I will report back in a few months after I've really gotten to know more about this awesome automobile.

Favorite Features

Effortless power of the 5.5 V-8, Night Vision Assist, massaging seats, 600 watt sound system, Panorama sunroof, parking assist . . . the list goes on an on.

Suggested Improvements

Too soon to tell.

DON'T BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK
By galewood478

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car new in 2007. It is now 4 years old. Had transmission problems, suspension problems and electrical glitches. It's only good point is it's extremely comfortable ride. But what's the use in having a nice ride if it hardly moves down the road. Yes it's a Mercedes, yes it looks classy, but don't waste your time. With the Purchase and repair costs, you could've bought a nice Bentley. All I can say is this deceitful beauty will be traded in within the month.

Favorite Features

Ride

Suggested Improvements

Electrical, Suspension, Transmission, Engine