2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
2007 S 550 Special Order Delivered Nov 06
By tedley on 08/27/13 15:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I ordered the Car in August of 06 and took delivery in November 06. I currently have over 160000 miles and have done all of the suggested maintance at the dealer. I have replaced items due to normal use but only had to repair one window that would not roll down and replace the Sirius portion of the radio. This is my first 'S' class and I hope not my last. It still drives better that ANY car I have ever owned.

Great while working
By craigdabaker on 02/01/12 14:06 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car is a very expensive car to own. I purchased this car in 2009 as a certified used vehicle. This car drives great when it is not in the shop. There are serious brake and transmission problems with this car. I will never ever purchase another mercedes

transmission problem
By drs777 on 11/21/11 12:29 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

i been around mercedes since 1968 starts with 190D, 300SDL, S420, S500 which is fair and now this S550 is worst in all 22,000 miles the transmission is slipping on me compared to my 2000 S500 besides a rough ride it gave me 99,000 miles before the strut broke, Mercedes should recall this problem i had to restart the ignition to get the transmission going

My First S-Class
By 05duramax on 10/02/11 04:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Just bought this Certified Pre-Owned S550 with only 25,000 miles on it. Previously I've had two E-Class sedans and a CLK550 Cabriolet. To say the S-Class is at a different level is an understatement. I have a learning curve ahead of me to understand all the features and technology. My initial impression is that M-B hit a grand slam homerun with this vehicle. I am also glad I have a bumper to bumper CPO warranty because I know how expensive it is to replace big ticket items on a car like this. I will report back in a few months after I've really gotten to know more about this awesome automobile.

DON'T BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK
By galewood478 on 07/24/11 22:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car new in 2007. It is now 4 years old. Had transmission problems, suspension problems and electrical glitches. It's only good point is it's extremely comfortable ride. But what's the use in having a nice ride if it hardly moves down the road. Yes it's a Mercedes, yes it looks classy, but don't waste your time. With the Purchase and repair costs, you could've bought a nice Bentley. All I can say is this deceitful beauty will be traded in within the month.

Wonderful Car
By Sajjid on 02/03/10 15:46 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Excellent vehicle! I have had it for 41 Months and I think it is a very nice vehicle. I only wish it could handle an sd card larger than 2 gigs. It also needs a larger hard drive and it should be able to handle music too. Also, recommend that you get the 18" wheels and tires and not the 19" AMG because they only last 10k miles max.

Lovin it.
By MrTracy on 10/10/08 12:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I like this car. This is my third S Class I had a 96 and an 2002 I also owned a 745LI 2004 and I still have a 2006 750LI. Although the Big Bimmer gets it as a great performance highway car, the Benz is just "The Benz" It is a little more supple laid back & reserved. Performance when you need it and comfort for days. I don't like the AMG wheels on the sports pkg because the interior bends really easily. Also the Dunlop tires that come with it go "Out of rounds" So easily. I truly enjoyed it when this 2007 style came out because the 2000-2006 was way too small. The 90's model which is my favorite was dubbed "Big Body" for a reason.

Powerhouse on wheels
By Jacob on 07/12/08 11:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned 3 different models of the S class since the 1999 one, and this one by far tops all of them. This reminds me of the 1999 tank S class, except nimbler and more sophisticated, with all its electronics. The power delivery is excellent for a car its size and the interior is pure bliss. The new S class is once again the ultimate luxury sedan.

Finally a rael Mercedes
By kappio on 05/11/08 13:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned 2 Mercedes cars in the past and by far the new S-class is the best car this company has put out. Everything in this car screams luxury and perfection. The ride is super smooth and even as the driver you feel like you're being chauffeured. The cabin is extremely quiet and the interior is designed to be elegant and clutter-free. The computer console is very intuitive and much more user-friendly than BMW's system. I've only owned the car for a week, so I can not say much about the reliability. But from what I have read, Mercedes has stepped up their game and this new generation of the S-class is supposed to be very well built. I own the s550 4matic an get about 16mpg in the city.

Hot Car but not a BMW
By J Walsh on 12/28/07 21:55 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I tried this powerhouse after driving BMW's for 10 years. More power than you will ever need (3 sets of tires in 18 months) but still an MB and not a BMW in drivability. Total brake failure (fluid drained out) in the first two weeks didn't help with impression but it was fine after that...no maintenance issues. Front fender is ripe for destruction on high parking bumpers. Traded recently for a winter car (S550 with 4Matic) but will go back to an S65 or BMW 7 series soon....

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.