Sure beats a Cadillac!
By Sky421 on
2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)
This car has the smoothest ride of any vehicle I've ever owned. A wheel base that is 11 inches longer than a full size Caddy and air suspension account for a lot of that ride. However, there are some features that I don't think live up to the MB engineering reputation. The transmission shifts hard when first starting out before warm up and downshifting prior to a stop is sometimes jolting. The 7 speed transmission doesn't deliver the kind of mileage expected (28mpg) - more like 25mpg which I got with my Caddy and a 5 speed. The lack of power outlets (3 lighter outlets) for iPods and phones is also a nuisance.
Favorite Features
The ride is its outstanding feature. Visibility and maneuverability are excellent. Cruise control takes getting used to but is easy to use. Door closers are a delight. Storage space is plentiful. Safety features are outstanding w/air bags all around and titanium layered glass.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission needs to shift smoother. More power outlets in the vehicle for iPod and phones is a must and the Smartkey needs to position the drivers seat automatically when the key fob opens the door.