Got what I paid for
By Bill B on
2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)
I wanted a business car to let clients and potential key employees know that our business is "for real", and this car fits the bill perfectly. The Lexus LS 430 has more electronics for less money, but just doesn't make the same statement. The command system is easy to use - but this is my second MB, so maybe I'm "trained" already. My wife has a new Lexus with navigation, and the 2006 Mercedes navigation is easier to use and much more intuitive - not at all what I expected, based on earlier year reviews. I thought I'd like the Lexus touch screen better - but the MB buttons are just so easy... I've had zero problems or defects, and I'm extreemly picky about my cars.
Favorite Features
The side mirrors can be set to automatically fold in when you lock the car. So cool! The Nav system is great. The looks inside and out can't be beat.
Suggested Improvements
MB is supposed to come out with bluetooth and Ipod adapters, and they need to hurry up! The other makes already have them. I wouldn't get another MB phone system like I had on my first MB. After 3 years your car is still OK, but a 3 year old phone is SO OLD.