Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz S-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

Classy S class
By Mitch

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third S class and continue to love the S class Mercedes. I looked at all the competition and end up returning to the S class for the same reasons why I purchased the previous two cars. The style, quality, service, safety and resale values continue to retain my loyality. Once you have owned an S class you will understand why you will keep buying the most classy car on the road today.

Favorite Features

Nav system, comfort, safety and overall style

Suggested Improvements

More a/c outlets

Trust me!
By jim

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The sexy body style, generous interior size, luxury and comfort, along with the 5 spoke chrome wheel option selected make for a stylish and timeless high end automobile. The 4matic option allows us to take advantage of this confident and luxurious ride year round in upstate New York.

Favorite Features

Body style is timeless, sleek, and sexy. The interior comfort makes it hard to leave.

Suggested Improvements

Don't purchase the high performance tire option and plan to use them during winter. Snow tires will are a must with this option, even with the 4matic.

OK Car
By Dr. Yamini

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Great engine and smooth ride by the overall chassis dynamics are very poor. The chassis and transmission can not keep pace with the engine.

Favorite Features

Dynamic seats

Suggested Improvements

Improve chassis and handling.

S350 Hidden Treasure
By rrbenz

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove an Audi A8 and thought, "this is nice". I test drove a VW Phaeton and thought,"this is nice". I drove the S350 and thought, "Wow, this is great!" This truly is a driver's S-Class. It is ahead of the E-Class in style and space and the shocks can be adjusted for Sport or Comfort. The seats are the best and the car feels completely done right. I didn't want the 7 speed automatic. Except the radio and Nav system which haven't caught up to my wife's Toyota. But that's a small inconvenience for such a first class experience-from soft door closers to the best ride in the industry, this is a car for the driver (and passengers) to be pampered and rewarded for choosing the S350.

Favorite Features

How can you not like a personal size S- Class? Best ride and adjustable handling: pampered in every dampened hinge and door mechanism: great seats and owner satisfaction. Price below some smaller Mercedes sedans gives you the feeling you made the right choice.

Suggested Improvements

Unfortunately the electronics are not as advanced as the concept of the rest of the car: radio always on (unless muted), lights don't always turn off in automatic mode: radio still doesn't sound like a million bucks, treble and bass settings not always rememebered. Bump on trunk is satellite antenna

Smokes the competition
By Kurt Stephon

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this 06' S-65AMG around 5 months ago. I have to admit I drove everything from the quattroporte to the BMW 760 to the Bentley Continental Flying Spurt and this Benz cleans house. I have around 13k miles already and have taken about 5 road trips to Texas back to St. Louis and this car is the smoothest best handling peppy sports seadan out there. As far as speed I managed to hit 140 MPH and was it ever smooth! Consider the S-class over your average Bimmer!

Favorite Features

Brembo brakes, Power (hp/torque) 0-60 in just over 4 Seconds! Leather quality and build quality unbelievable!