2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Trust me!
By jim on 04/21/06 18:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The sexy body style, generous interior size, luxury and comfort, along with the 5 spoke chrome wheel option selected make for a stylish and timeless high end automobile. The 4matic option allows us to take advantage of this confident and luxurious ride year round in upstate New York.

OK Car
By Dr. Yamini on 04/15/06 15:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Great engine and smooth ride by the overall chassis dynamics are very poor. The chassis and transmission can not keep pace with the engine.

S350 Hidden Treasure
By rrbenz on 04/04/06 16:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove an Audi A8 and thought, "this is nice". I test drove a VW Phaeton and thought,"this is nice". I drove the S350 and thought, "Wow, this is great!" This truly is a driver's S-Class. It is ahead of the E-Class in style and space and the shocks can be adjusted for Sport or Comfort. The seats are the best and the car feels completely done right. I didn't want the 7 speed automatic. Except the radio and Nav system which haven't caught up to my wife's Toyota. But that's a small inconvenience for such a first class experience-from soft door closers to the best ride in the industry, this is a car for the driver (and passengers) to be pampered and rewarded for choosing the S350.

Smokes the competition
By Kurt Stephon on 03/04/06 08:53 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this 06' S-65AMG around 5 months ago. I have to admit I drove everything from the quattroporte to the BMW 760 to the Bentley Continental Flying Spurt and this Benz cleans house. I have around 13k miles already and have taken about 5 road trips to Texas back to St. Louis and this car is the smoothest best handling peppy sports seadan out there. As far as speed I managed to hit 140 MPH and was it ever smooth! Consider the S-class over your average Bimmer!

Cathy's Black Beauty
By Jack Taylor on 03/03/06 07:40 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my wife's car and we use for road trips. We love it, it's very comfortable and fast on the open road.

Great Car
By Doctor Mike on 01/21/06 22:18 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

I wound up buying a second S-430 after my wife would not share and I fell in love with hers. Car is magnificent to drive, very safe, and beautiful to look at. Truly a great value for what you get. You only go around once, why not do it in style and drive something you love? We will keep both cars for at least 10 years. Go for it!

Great Car!!
By none on 12/22/05 14:31 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Smooth Luxury Ride. Plenty of room. Not too many gadgets. The AWD is a big plus in our part of the world. Easy to use Navigation

Solid and safe car
By NEWS on 12/16/05 22:44 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Smooth ride, fun to drive. Firm and comfortable. This car is much better the the BMW 7 series that I turned in. In addition, the 4Matic makes BMW or Lexus look bad.

S500 What a Great Car, an "A" grade
By Donisland on 12/13/05 23:11 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The ride is velvety smooth and luxurious. I have never driven a car so comfortable, quiet, smooth shifting and excellent. The front and back have a large amount of roominess with all this comfort. It smeels of luxury. It has plenty of power, so when you want to go fast, it'll do it easily. It has 3 driving settings: Comfort, Sport 1 (firm driving) and Sport 2 (more firm driving) which makes it so much more fun.

Sure beats a Cadillac!
By Sky421 on 12/07/05 15:38 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This car has the smoothest ride of any vehicle I've ever owned. A wheel base that is 11 inches longer than a full size Caddy and air suspension account for a lot of that ride. However, there are some features that I don't think live up to the MB engineering reputation. The transmission shifts hard when first starting out before warm up and downshifting prior to a stop is sometimes jolting. The 7 speed transmission doesn't deliver the kind of mileage expected (28mpg) - more like 25mpg which I got with my Caddy and a 5 speed. The lack of power outlets (3 lighter outlets) for iPods and phones is also a nuisance.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.