Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

Classy S class
By Mitch

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third S class and continue to love the S class Mercedes. I looked at all the competition and end up returning to the S class for the same reasons why I purchased the previous two cars. The style, quality, service, safety and resale values continue to retain my loyality. Once you have owned an S class you will understand why you will keep buying the most classy car on the road today.

Nav system, comfort, safety and overall style

More a/c outlets

Great Car
By Doctor Mike

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

I wound up buying a second S-430 after my wife would not share and I fell in love with hers. Car is magnificent to drive, very safe, and beautiful to look at. Truly a great value for what you get. You only go around once, why not do it in style and drive something you love? We will keep both cars for at least 10 years. Go for it!

Styling, Comfort, Safety, Parktronic, Satellite Radio, Navigation, Hands Free phone. Bose Stereo.

Make it even plusher on the inside. I- pod connection would be nice. Mercedes also needs to go back to their free maitenance for 4 years like BMW.

Sure beats a Cadillac!
By Sky421

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This car has the smoothest ride of any vehicle I've ever owned. A wheel base that is 11 inches longer than a full size Caddy and air suspension account for a lot of that ride. However, there are some features that I don't think live up to the MB engineering reputation. The transmission shifts hard when first starting out before warm up and downshifting prior to a stop is sometimes jolting. The 7 speed transmission doesn't deliver the kind of mileage expected (28mpg) - more like 25mpg which I got with my Caddy and a 5 speed. The lack of power outlets (3 lighter outlets) for iPods and phones is also a nuisance.

The ride is its outstanding feature. Visibility and maneuverability are excellent. Cruise control takes getting used to but is easy to use. Door closers are a delight. Storage space is plentiful. Safety features are outstanding w/air bags all around and titanium layered glass.

Transmission needs to shift smoother. More power outlets in the vehicle for iPod and phones is a must and the Smartkey needs to position the drivers seat automatically when the key fob opens the door.

Got what I paid for
By Bill B

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

I wanted a business car to let clients and potential key employees know that our business is "for real", and this car fits the bill perfectly. The Lexus LS 430 has more electronics for less money, but just doesn't make the same statement. The command system is easy to use - but this is my second MB, so maybe I'm "trained" already. My wife has a new Lexus with navigation, and the 2006 Mercedes navigation is easier to use and much more intuitive - not at all what I expected, based on earlier year reviews. I thought I'd like the Lexus touch screen better - but the MB buttons are just so easy... I've had zero problems or defects, and I'm extreemly picky about my cars.

The side mirrors can be set to automatically fold in when you lock the car. So cool! The Nav system is great. The looks inside and out can't be beat.

MB is supposed to come out with bluetooth and Ipod adapters, and they need to hurry up! The other makes already have them. I wouldn't get another MB phone system like I had on my first MB. After 3 years your car is still OK, but a 3 year old phone is SO OLD.

As good as always
By dono

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This is our third S class. We drove the S350, don't waste your time (under powered and too small)and why spend the extra $10K for the S500 as the 430 has good power and no luxury tax. These cars are limos with great handling and style.

Smooth 7 speed trans, great ride, and looks good

They are changing the model in a few months and I hope they can simplify the command system. I have an SL500 and like the heating/air controls much better