2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Never Again
By gadaria on 10/12/13 19:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The S Class is the supposed flag ship of the Mercedes lineup. She is a beautiful car on the outside and on the inside. With great styling and decent performance for its weight. But the car is always needing repair. If it's not one thing then it's another. -Transmission leak first week of leasing -Airmatic suspension went out FOUR times; car was so low to the ground it had to be towed.($2500 fix) -ESP went out a couple of times ($1000 fix) List goes on but i'll stop. Overall I'm disappointed with the amount of money thrown at this car after what I paid for it. At the time of this post that car had lost 92% of its value. I expected more from their S class.

2006 S350
By notvanilla1 on 11/21/12 11:52 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this one two months ago with 51,000 miles on it. Was looking at a S430 also, but now glad I purchased the S350. I didn't buy the car to race and the 3.5L engine is more than adequate to power this vehicle. It doesn't have all of the gadgets the S430 has, but then there are less gadgets to fail later on. Comfort and quality are all a Mercedes should be. This is by far the best driving Mercedes I have owned (my twelfth one). I thought my 1985 500SEC (Euro) was nice and my 1994 E420 was great, but this beats them hands down.

Not a happy owner
By SocalJoe on 09/01/10 17:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We had several costly items right after warranty period though the mileage was still only just over 30k, we had to replace valve gasket, airmatic air pump and relay, and recently (37k) replace air injection pump and relay. reliability is much worse than any other MB we owned or had owned.

annual
By EJD on 05/05/09 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy the car very comfortable on trips with plenty of room. Electronics maybe too complicated for the MB Techs, because they don't always get the problems rerpaired the first trip. NAV system could be more user friendly, and more modern features. Overall great car

Greatest Value in Luxury
By finance1 on 09/21/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Lease on my E-class expired. This car is the deal of the year. Engine more than adquate for highway ramps and passing. Interior features are what you expect in a MB- nice stereo, easy to use navigation. Class styling and at a fraction of new (as this more than adequate engine doesn't seem to get respect in the resale market).

Maxima was better!
By T. Boyd on 05/28/08 13:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The car is not what I expected. It is very bad on gas. It is also not dependable. But it is very comfortable and I wish I had kept my 2004 Maxima. The cost was more than we had wished on paying. So if I had to do it again I would have to say I would not!

Super Car Great Fun Car
By Car Guy sf on 04/11/08 08:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned many, many Mercedes and other performance cars, I find my S65 to be the finest. Simply incredible peformance-the engine and exhaust are excellent. Admittedly I am a real fan of Mercedes. I find them and particularly the S class to be an excellent all around value when scoring on the basis of safety, performance, comfort, resale value and maintenance costs-in this order. Maintenance issues have been extremely minor. Just done routine maintenance and very minor warranty work. I just wish I could drive it on our US highways at the speeds this car was intended to be driven. At first going from an S500 to S55 I was leery of moving upto the S65. Now no more!

Overall ownership
By joe on 07/31/06 17:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We enjoy driving this one very much as comparison with our '99 E320. It rides very well, very quite, good sound system. We compared it with Lexus and BMW before making decision on this one, one of the reasons is the price. I do have a complaint about the storage compartment between the front seats, the small one on passenger side is almost useless.

S350 is a bargain
By LanceL99 on 04/28/06 11:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I intended to purchase a new E350, but wound up with the S350. It's not as quick, but I preferred the 5-spd auto. My old E320 was a great car - this should be as well. $53,500 including Keyless Go & Trunk closer. What a deal!! Ride is awesome, bank vault quiet, frigid AC, huge cabin, all of the good features. Overall it is an exceptional buy!

S350 2006 Best Car the Money
By cg "man" on 04/22/06 20:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have never driven a car so comfortable, quiet, shifting and excellent. This car has the smoothest ride of any vehicle I've ever owned. The front and back have a large amount of roominess with all this comfort. It has plenty of power, so when you want to go fast, it'll do it easily. Sleek lines, a real head turner on the streets. Just a sweet car, inside and out!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.