2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

S55 AMG 5.4L V8 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )
Simply Awesome!
By tommy2skis on 06/07/14 21:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is my 5th Mercedes S Class and my 12th Mercedes. I have owned my share of Bimmers, Porsches, Lincolns, Caddys, Land Rovers and other luxury rides and I keep coming back to a Benz. A several year old, low mile, S Class, is the best car buy on the planet. Who in their right mind would spend upwards of $75,000 for a Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, or any other NEW luxury ride, when you can purchase a well sorted and well maintained pre-owned S Class for under $35,000 with a comprehensive warranty? I have put over 175,000 miles on two S Class Benz's, without any significant expenses other than normal service. I just spent over $7,000 on my 4 year old Grand Cherokee with under 100K on the odometer.

First MB
By TomB on 09/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The S55 AMG was the only MB car I would buy, it has everything I want, but there are some annoyances such as: 1)cooled seats are a joke 2)no touch screen NAV, current unit is out of date 3)dash gauges are boring/outdated 4)key fob remote is IR(short distance) and not radio waves, so I have to go to the driver's door in order to unlock it, then go to trunk to put items in. 5)need to find an independent mechanic, otherwise you will have a miserable time at OEM dealerships, and pay 2-3x more per repair. 6)no back up sensors as standard equip!!, This car is over engineered and exp.

Review of an S55 AMG
By Bernard K on 07/24/06 09:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The car is very smooth and accelerates rapidly. At high speedon the highway, I could not hear the engine sound nor the wind outside. Comfortable and spacious. Takes sharp corners easily. I would recommend this car to any one looking for a luxurious ride and all around comfort!

OK Car
By Dr. Yamini on 04/15/06 15:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Great engine and smooth ride by the overall chassis dynamics are very poor. The chassis and transmission can not keep pace with the engine.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.