2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4.3L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

S430 4MATIC Sedan (4.3L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
How can they build at this level?
By grdow on 11/03/14 05:16 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my car this weekend. I had owned a 2006 430S 4matic for 4 years. In that time it was trouble free for 2 periods of 6 months. Traded it in with 80k which was limited due to the multiple issues that we encountered. First the tire pressure sensors went...3 times. Next the turn signal control stick disintegrated. Next the heated steering wheel control had the same issues. The washer fluid reservoir cracked ($450). I went through a 1/2 dozen bulbs and each time a bulb goes out it disables the electrical system. The ultimate issue was the continued shaking when the car went over 50 MPH. Apparently there is a known issue with the struts, but MB will not own up to it. Never again!!!

Trust me!
By jim on 04/21/06 18:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The sexy body style, generous interior size, luxury and comfort, along with the 5 spoke chrome wheel option selected make for a stylish and timeless high end automobile. The 4matic option allows us to take advantage of this confident and luxurious ride year round in upstate New York.

Solid and safe car
By NEWS on 12/16/05 22:44 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Smooth ride, fun to drive. Firm and comfortable. This car is much better the the BMW 7 series that I turned in. In addition, the 4Matic makes BMW or Lexus look bad.

Exceeds expectations
By Dave Roberts on 09/15/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have previously owned BMW IL's and decided to cross the street to Mercedes.The vehicle may not be as tight around the corners but it has a much better ride, the controls are easy to understand, and both the interior and exterior are flawless. I am looking forward to the winter months for a change with the AWD! It even has a compass!

Great vehicle
By NKP on 08/16/05 15:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful car, with a few minor items to be improved upon. When my car charger is in the lighter, there is no room to manipulate the gear box. The garage opener could be in a spot that doesn't require re-adjusting the mirror EVERY time you use it. COMAND feature too distracting-should be able to change radio/CD easier than having to start all over.