2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Classy S class
By Mitch on 04/22/06 14:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third S class and continue to love the S class Mercedes. I looked at all the competition and end up returning to the S class for the same reasons why I purchased the previous two cars. The style, quality, service, safety and resale values continue to retain my loyality. Once you have owned an S class you will understand why you will keep buying the most classy car on the road today.

Great Car
By Doctor Mike on 01/21/06 22:18 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

I wound up buying a second S-430 after my wife would not share and I fell in love with hers. Car is magnificent to drive, very safe, and beautiful to look at. Truly a great value for what you get. You only go around once, why not do it in style and drive something you love? We will keep both cars for at least 10 years. Go for it!

Sure beats a Cadillac!
By Sky421 on 12/07/05 15:38 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This car has the smoothest ride of any vehicle I've ever owned. A wheel base that is 11 inches longer than a full size Caddy and air suspension account for a lot of that ride. However, there are some features that I don't think live up to the MB engineering reputation. The transmission shifts hard when first starting out before warm up and downshifting prior to a stop is sometimes jolting. The 7 speed transmission doesn't deliver the kind of mileage expected (28mpg) - more like 25mpg which I got with my Caddy and a 5 speed. The lack of power outlets (3 lighter outlets) for iPods and phones is also a nuisance.

Got what I paid for
By Bill B on 10/03/05 22:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

I wanted a business car to let clients and potential key employees know that our business is "for real", and this car fits the bill perfectly. The Lexus LS 430 has more electronics for less money, but just doesn't make the same statement. The command system is easy to use - but this is my second MB, so maybe I'm "trained" already. My wife has a new Lexus with navigation, and the 2006 Mercedes navigation is easier to use and much more intuitive - not at all what I expected, based on earlier year reviews. I thought I'd like the Lexus touch screen better - but the MB buttons are just so easy... I've had zero problems or defects, and I'm extreemly picky about my cars.

As good as always
By dono on 07/26/05 06:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This is our third S class. We drove the S350, don't waste your time (under powered and too small)and why spend the extra $10K for the S500 as the 430 has good power and no luxury tax. These cars are limos with great handling and style.

Best Car for the Money
By SJG on 07/13/05 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

Sleek lines, a real head turner on the streets. It has every ammenity in an entry level S class you will ever need. I recommend getting the sport package for that extra curb appeal ( and resale value ). Just a sweet car, inside and out!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.