2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
How can they build at this level?
By grdow on 11/03/14 05:16 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my car this weekend. I had owned a 2006 430S 4matic for 4 years. In that time it was trouble free for 2 periods of 6 months. Traded it in with 80k which was limited due to the multiple issues that we encountered. First the tire pressure sensors went...3 times. Next the turn signal control stick disintegrated. Next the heated steering wheel control had the same issues. The washer fluid reservoir cracked ($450). I went through a 1/2 dozen bulbs and each time a bulb goes out it disables the electrical system. The ultimate issue was the continued shaking when the car went over 50 MPH. Apparently there is a known issue with the struts, but MB will not own up to it. Never again!!!

Simply Awesome!
By tommy2skis on 06/07/14 21:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is my 5th Mercedes S Class and my 12th Mercedes. I have owned my share of Bimmers, Porsches, Lincolns, Caddys, Land Rovers and other luxury rides and I keep coming back to a Benz. A several year old, low mile, S Class, is the best car buy on the planet. Who in their right mind would spend upwards of $75,000 for a Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, or any other NEW luxury ride, when you can purchase a well sorted and well maintained pre-owned S Class for under $35,000 with a comprehensive warranty? I have put over 175,000 miles on two S Class Benz's, without any significant expenses other than normal service. I just spent over $7,000 on my 4 year old Grand Cherokee with under 100K on the odometer.

World's Fastest Production Sedan & Most Versitle
By amgfan on 01/27/14 10:28 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

In 2005-06, this car would do 220+ mph off the showroom floor in Germany. A few sports cars have faster 0to60 times, but most don't reach the same top end. Those that do have price tags which are multiples of the S65. Best part of the S65 is that it runs well (and efficiently on one 6-cylinder engine) around town without the need for retuning.

Never Again
By gadaria on 10/12/13 19:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The S Class is the supposed flag ship of the Mercedes lineup. She is a beautiful car on the outside and on the inside. With great styling and decent performance for its weight. But the car is always needing repair. If it's not one thing then it's another. -Transmission leak first week of leasing -Airmatic suspension went out FOUR times; car was so low to the ground it had to be towed.($2500 fix) -ESP went out a couple of times ($1000 fix) List goes on but i'll stop. Overall I'm disappointed with the amount of money thrown at this car after what I paid for it. At the time of this post that car had lost 92% of its value. I expected more from their S class.

2006 S350
By notvanilla1 on 11/21/12 11:52 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this one two months ago with 51,000 miles on it. Was looking at a S430 also, but now glad I purchased the S350. I didn't buy the car to race and the 3.5L engine is more than adequate to power this vehicle. It doesn't have all of the gadgets the S430 has, but then there are less gadgets to fail later on. Comfort and quality are all a Mercedes should be. This is by far the best driving Mercedes I have owned (my twelfth one). I thought my 1985 500SEC (Euro) was nice and my 1994 E420 was great, but this beats them hands down.

First MB
By TomB on 09/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The S55 AMG was the only MB car I would buy, it has everything I want, but there are some annoyances such as: 1)cooled seats are a joke 2)no touch screen NAV, current unit is out of date 3)dash gauges are boring/outdated 4)key fob remote is IR(short distance) and not radio waves, so I have to go to the driver's door in order to unlock it, then go to trunk to put items in. 5)need to find an independent mechanic, otherwise you will have a miserable time at OEM dealerships, and pay 2-3x more per repair. 6)no back up sensors as standard equip!!, This car is over engineered and exp.

Not a happy owner
By SocalJoe on 09/01/10 17:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We had several costly items right after warranty period though the mileage was still only just over 30k, we had to replace valve gasket, airmatic air pump and relay, and recently (37k) replace air injection pump and relay. reliability is much worse than any other MB we owned or had owned.

best ever riden in
By robert500s on 01/20/10 11:52 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many luxury vehicles. I would never buy another American luxury car, especially Cadillac. The MB surpasses the Cadillac 1000% in comfort, stability, design, and value in the long run. Find a good MB mechanic vs. the dealer to do the maintenance because the dealers rip you off - like $300 for a oil change!

Love it
By Jab on 11/23/09 17:36 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

First time owning a benz. I love driving it with the options of comfort or sporty.

annual
By EJD on 05/05/09 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy the car very comfortable on trips with plenty of room. Electronics maybe too complicated for the MB Techs, because they don't always get the problems rerpaired the first trip. NAV system could be more user friendly, and more modern features. Overall great car

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.