Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

Safety, Comfort, Style and Value
By Dr. Mike

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

I have bought two of these cars in the last few months. The first was for my wife. She loved it so much, she would not let me near it. I had to get one for myself. It is quiet and solid. Definite first class ride and feel, and a great value in comparison. You can easily negotiate 15 to 20% off MSRP, making it a great buy for something you will love to drive for many years to come. I do love the gadgets. Voice activated system, great navigation, satellite radio, phone, and all the extra stuff I still need to learn about. My only criticism is MB did away with the included maintenance and some of the cloth interior, i.e. visor, etc look a little chintzy on this flagship model. A great car!

Size, style, value, comfort, and safety. A first class ride and feel. I like all the extra gizmo's and gadgets.

Should bring back courtesy scheduled maintenance like BMW and Volvo. Some interior decor a little chintzy for such a class car.

Mercedes Got It Right!
By Kevin

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This auto is a dream to drive! But, even sitting still it looks the part. Ours has the standard rims which have been triple plated. That really sets off the Pewter color. We don't have all the bells and whistle's I'd like but that just means I get to buy another at some point in the future. My wife has severe back and leg pain and this is the ONLY vehicle in which she adjust the seat to the point she is comfortable and depend on the vehicle to be smooth enough to keep her that way. We love it!

Adjustable seating

None

My S500
By Vince Le

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is by far the best built and best luxury car I have ever owned. I have just about driven and owned almost every car under $100,000 for the past 6 years. This car is by far the most reliable and the best car I have ever own.

The ride is so quiet and smooth

Bigger rims and wheels

The Best Car Ever
By Ryan Jennings

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I recently bought this new S-class 500 at Atlanta Classic Car and it was my most enjoyable buying experience. Mercedes knows how to treat its consumers right. I love this car it has a strong engine and the technology is amazing. The safety aspect was one of the reasons I bought this car. It has the Pre-Safe system and 8 different airbags. The seats are very confortable and it can make you feel as if you were riding in a limo. Love the Car. If your in the market for a quality and powerful luxary sedan, the Mercedes should be your fist choice. Love this car!

The Pre-Safe system and the Keyless go system. Overall I love all the technology on this car.

None

S-500 Solid, Reliable, Fun to Drive
By Brent Johnson

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is the 6th S body I have owned in the last 3 years. Great car!

AWD

Need to redo the look as I think they will be doing in 2007.