Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

S55 AMG 5.4L V8 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )

A Great Car
By Mr. Marques

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is my first ever own Benz the 2004 Black on Black AMG. It is my retirement gift and it is everything that I could ever ask for in a sedan. The only bad thing I can say is the gas mileage but hey when you can go that fast what the heck. It's a beast and when I'm in heavy traffic on the Interstate I can hit the pedal and go yeah. So if you dare get one you won't be dissapointed. It's true to its form.

No need. It's style wrapped up in a surprise package.

S55 AMG
By pat g

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The S55 AMG has a perfect blend of comfort, styling and performance. I look forward to road trips in this car. It is incredible. It has tons of room, especially in the back. When I start the car with the keyless go, a cool option, the engine sound is incredible. The exhaust and supercharger emit a sound that lets the occupants know that there is plenty of power available when needed. The supercharger has a subtle and very cool whining sound that is downright stimulating. The active body control suspension is amazing and definitely adds a very connected and sporty but smooth feel to the ride. This is the ultimate sedan. Period.

AMG touches that include the engine/exhaust, dynamic ventilated/heated Napa leather seats, the monster AMG brake rotors and calipers, and the instrumentation w/200 mph speedo. The DVD navigation and sound system are great.

Better/more cup holders. Heated rear seats should be standard.

S55 AMG
By Ron Kidd

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

A world class automobile. A thrill to drive. It handles on par with most high performance sports cars but with the legendary S class comfort. Truely a shame that there is no place I can really open her up! I do wish that the final drive was a little taller for enhanced fuel economy!

Performance, sound, comfort

Needs a higher final drive

Serious Speed in a Sedan
By D Coz

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is a first class car. It is quick off the line and even quicker when you accelerate from 70 up. The transition of power is real smooth and with the sport package wheels it's flashy with a minimum of chrome. I love the car and all my friends envy me now. Best car I've ever had. Buy one if you can afford it. It's slick!

Supercharger has a real smooth balance to it. The seats are comfortable and since I am 6'5" it's a car that I can fit in without being cramped.

Needs more cup holders and storage places. There is storage under the seat but it's minimum at best. If you don't get the phone you will have a little more room.

2005 Mercedes S55
By woodybyrd

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

My 2005 Mercedes S55 is very sporty and fun to drive. I just came out of an S600. In summary, the S600 is like riding in a Maybach, the S55 is like driving the Maybach.

The paddle shifting, the sound of the growling V8 engine.

There are no rear seat passinger features. Heated seats and with some adjustment should be standard, not optional.