2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

S55 AMG 5.4L V8 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )
A Great Car
By Mr. Marques on 08/18/08 14:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is my first ever own Benz the 2004 Black on Black AMG. It is my retirement gift and it is everything that I could ever ask for in a sedan. The only bad thing I can say is the gas mileage but hey when you can go that fast what the heck. It's a beast and when I'm in heavy traffic on the Interstate I can hit the pedal and go yeah. So if you dare get one you won't be dissapointed. It's true to its form.

S55 AMG
By pat g on 12/23/06 01:10 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The S55 AMG has a perfect blend of comfort, styling and performance. I look forward to road trips in this car. It is incredible. It has tons of room, especially in the back. When I start the car with the keyless go, a cool option, the engine sound is incredible. The exhaust and supercharger emit a sound that lets the occupants know that there is plenty of power available when needed. The supercharger has a subtle and very cool whining sound that is downright stimulating. The active body control suspension is amazing and definitely adds a very connected and sporty but smooth feel to the ride. This is the ultimate sedan. Period.

S55 AMG
By Ron Kidd on 10/07/05 10:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

A world class automobile. A thrill to drive. It handles on par with most high performance sports cars but with the legendary S class comfort. Truely a shame that there is no place I can really open her up! I do wish that the final drive was a little taller for enhanced fuel economy!

Serious Speed in a Sedan
By D Coz on 06/12/05 10:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is a first class car. It is quick off the line and even quicker when you accelerate from 70 up. The transition of power is real smooth and with the sport package wheels it's flashy with a minimum of chrome. I love the car and all my friends envy me now. Best car I've ever had. Buy one if you can afford it. It's slick!

2005 Mercedes S55
By woodybyrd on 12/14/04 15:37 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

My 2005 Mercedes S55 is very sporty and fun to drive. I just came out of an S600. In summary, the S600 is like riding in a Maybach, the S55 is like driving the Maybach.

Horrible Mercedes
By irving mangel on 12/12/04 10:53 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

My 2005 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG is in the shop more than I drive it. Mercedes has been horrible at taking care of the problem. My next car will never be a Mercedes-Benz and I have owned a number of Mercedes. This will be my last one. Next time I will hire a lawyer to use the lemon law.