2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
High Cost of Maintenance - Great Car!
By Krista on 04/19/10 16:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This is my first Benz and I really like the car. My fiance bought a 2004 C Class the same day and has not had as good an experience as I. Great interior size, great performance, great styling. White Exterior, cream interior - just yummy looking! Stereo system sounds great, but the iPod connection is subpar, to say the least. Handles well in all weather and the brakes are second to none; I feel very safe in this vehicle. The only major issues are: electronics are touch and go on this vehicle, maintenance costs are expensive on all MB, storage is NON EXISTANT on this vehicle (interior or trunk - you are hard pressed to fit 10 bags of groceries). But the leg room in back is truly wonderful!

Nightmare
By Sam on 12/13/08 01:00 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This car has been the worst car I have ever had. The vaccum assist has gone bad 5 times and so has the GPS. Driver side seat has been repired more than 4 times. Above all, I lost complete power stering fluid at 65mph and no warning light came. I nearly died controlling the car. Tire pressure sensors have gone bad, battery, alternator, dvd on the gps. Music dvd cartridge. The only saving grace has been that the dealers repiring the car have been polite and agreed to fix the items. Now as soon as the car is out of warranty i needed engine mounts, trans mounts and control arms. German cars are not only very poorly made, they are also very, very expensive to maintain.

Safety, Comfort, Style and Value
By Dr. Mike on 05/27/05 09:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

I have bought two of these cars in the last few months. The first was for my wife. She loved it so much, she would not let me near it. I had to get one for myself. It is quiet and solid. Definite first class ride and feel, and a great value in comparison. You can easily negotiate 15 to 20% off MSRP, making it a great buy for something you will love to drive for many years to come. I do love the gadgets. Voice activated system, great navigation, satellite radio, phone, and all the extra stuff I still need to learn about. My only criticism is MB did away with the included maintenance and some of the cloth interior, i.e. visor, etc look a little chintzy on this flagship model. A great car!

The Ultimate Luxury Sedan
By Greg Rhea on 01/20/05 02:37 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

Great styling, wonderful performance, spacious interior. A must have if you want to drive an awesome sedan with nible capabilities that has safety features that are second to none. And you will always get front row parking from the valet.

Still pleased
By john on 01/06/05 01:24 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third Benz and I'm still quite pleased with selection. Even thought this is a large car, the sport package helps make it look and perform like a smaller sport sedan. Styling of the car sets it apart from the competition. Dealer support remains strong. Only dissatisfaction is in rear tire wear.

Mark's S430
By Mark Papay on 12/19/04 01:03 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

My Mercedes-Benz S430 is the finest car that I've ever driven. This is the so-called base model of the "S" series and it is provided with standard features that most other manufacturers have never even thought of. It actually out-performs the stated EPA mileage data (17/26). It provides an amazing blend of comfort and performance at a surprisingly tolerable price.

S Class number 1
By JFL on 12/03/04 00:06 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned Volvos, Bmw's and Mercedes Benz. The new S 430 I recently purchased with the AMG package is not only the nicest looking car I have ever owned, it is the most fun to drive. For a large sedan, it drives like a smaller vehicle and is very easy to navigate in the city, and is pure heaven on the open road. This is without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned and it is more comfortable to drive than my wifes 2004 SL500. I can't wait to see what Mercedes comes up with next.

Great car
By showard on 11/11/04 21:35 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

This is a great car ,but should have better resale value.