Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz S-class - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

2004 S600 Bi-Turbo
By bmwerz

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S600 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

It's a great car, very powerful engine. I beat a Porsche 911 Carrera 4 with this car. My car has all the options available plus some more upgrades, so it's a really nice car.

Favorite Features

Keyless go

Suggested Improvements

Better handling please.

WOW
By JIMS 04 600

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S600 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

WHAT AN AMAZING MACHINE. ALL YOU HAVE TO IS POINT IT AND HIT THE GAS. IF YOU'RE GOING TO DRIVE AN S, SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY. THIS ONE HAS EVERY OPTION KNOWN TO MERCEDES. THE V12 IS NOT ONLY FAST, BUT SMOOTH. ENJOY THE RIDE, FROM THE FRONT OF THE LINE.

Favorite Features

VOICE COMMAND, KEYLESS GO, CRUISE CONTROL THAT KEEPS YOU AT A SAFE DISTANCE, DYNAMIC SEATS, SATELLITE RADIO.

Suggested Improvements

THE CUP HOLDER IS A JOKE. THE STROAGE UNDER THE CENTER CONSOLE IS GONE IN THE 600. IT WAS A GREAT CONVENIENCE IN THE S55.

Best car I've ever had
By Luchie

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S600 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I used to drive E 300 before and I wasn't impressed at all w/ the comfort of driving it. I didn't like Mercedez not until I drove S 500 4 door sedan.The comfort and power is really good it gives the power I needed when I need it.Bose sound system is excellent and the heated/cooling seats I loved it.I also loved the size of it sleek not too wide.

Amazing Vehicle
By Manohar

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S600 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I have traveled in the citty numerous times. It is also my every day driver. I have even used this car on long road trips, from Chicago to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin and from Chicago to Niagra Falls. It is extremely comfortable for all occasions and I enjoy it to the fullest extent. It is the best car I have owned in my life.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, hands free cell phone, Parktronic, Air Suspension, Heated/Cooled Seats (front and rear), rear power seats, rear vanity mirrors, folding sideview mirrors, wooden steering wheel/shift knob, KEYLESS GO is amazing/awesome

Suggested Improvements

Take off the limiter on the speedometer and make it go faster, take off the limiter on the twin-turbo horsepower/torque output

San Jose S600
By San Jose Man

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S600 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

Fun to drive factor is a 10+. Unbelievable torque. Handling and braking are excellent for a sedan this big and heavy. Styling is understated. Comfort and inside room are excellent. Keyless go feature is excellent, however it has failed 4 times in the first year. Highway mileage is 18-19 mpg, city about 12mpg. Built in phone is OK with vocal commands useful. Get parktronic - it's needed. Automatic trunk opener/closer is a favorite - used frequently. Auto Tire pressure reading is useful, but a pain to deal with. I've driven MBZ E Series, Audi A8, Jaguar VandenPlas, Jaguar XJR, MBZ CL500. This car is by far the best sedan! Bought easily over an S55. Great car!