2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Rolled The Dice - Bought High Mileage
By john77084 on 08/17/12 08:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

After turning 40 recently, I decided to properly kick-off my mid-life crisis. I was going to go with either a boat or a car. A 2004 S430 won. I found one with 114,000 miles on it on Autotrader. I suppose I got the "base" model 430, but it is absolutely remarkable. The suspension, coupled with the car's sheer size, makes for an airplane like ride (sport settings are also present). I've taken it on 2 long road trips and been in very good spirits after arriving. Tips for Buying Used: *Comparison shop! These cars depreciate wildly. I paid too much. Find the KBB price and stick with it. *Have a genuine STAR diagnostics ran. *Beware the "stuck in park" potential

Everyone should own one
By Lionel on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

Purchased this car used with 55kms, it is now 7 years old and has 130kms. It continues to drive as well as it did 3 years ago and have not had any issues with it. Besides being smooth, comfortable, solid, reliable, powerful and surprisingly economical; it is has a sense of dependability and agelessness about it. It is a serious vehicle, you know, not a gimmicky in your face car,

Good value for a Great car
By Mirek on 12/27/08 17:41 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

Drives very well for used car. Good mileage per gallon when carefully driven, or on highway. Good looks in gray. In sport setting transmission kicks at stops. Wiper not performing well at aouto setup - often too slow to react. Overall comfortable ride. Bit too high seatting position for driver. Once you learn all tech data it is very pleasant automobile.

S430
By RPF96 on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased this car in September 2004. I had C230 Kompressor Coupe 2002, which was a great car without any problems. After owning my first Benz I knew it would be the only vehicle I would purchase in the future. The car has a fantastic ride, great pick up and some really terrific features. If you are look for a classy car with superior workmanship, then this is the car for you. We had also owned a large sport utility but decided the larger Mercedes would be a better fit for us for ride as well as safety. I think the car is superior. Hands down one of the best rides on the road!

the 2002 S class
By orlins on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

The Mercedes S is expensive. the lexus is a fine car, i have owned 3. the BMW is a different car, simply too much trouble to drive. harsh, not worth my effort. the Mercedes S is not perfect but not far from it. if you have the free bucks. I really love the big Mercedes for what it is, there are faster, better values, larger and smaller cars. However,if you can afford the ticket on the S and want the general best, buy the S. it does everything well you can find better on any one point, but the total is less then you get in the Mercedes S. the sum is unbeatable and in one move you can get all your neighbors to hate you. think of that.

Best Riding Car I have ever owned
By brian h. on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

Just recently purchased this vehicle and it has an incredible feel on the road with above average acceleration.I have previously owned an E-Class and this far exceeds it.There is little to dislike about the performance. The mileage is better than expected.

s430
By mojojojojo on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

i just got my S430 a couple days ago and i love it. the interior is amazing. it feels as if you were in first class in an air plain. the engin is very quiet and the handeling is great. the acceleration on this car is also great. for a over 3000 lb car the acceleration is very quick(6.9 sec). the nav. screen is also very big and legable. i also love the dashboard. it is big bright and clear. the tire preasure monitor is also a good thing to own. but my overall favorite thing is the driver and passenger seats. i would use them in my livingroom if i had a chance. they are like floting on a clowd.

if you got it spend it
By dr. orlins on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

i have owned 2 lexus and a jaruar but if you die without owning a mercedes you've missed something. there are faster cars, cheaper cars,and even more reliable cars. however, this S model does everything so nicely,with so much snob appeal that if you can afford it, i would tell you to go for it. remember, when you die your kids will go through your money like water through a goose. spend some on yourself while you can. the 500S, amg, and 600S are overkill,totally unnecessary but if having a car that will hold 200mph turns you on. they are available.

Exceeds Expectations
By HoustonDriver on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

Driving a 98 S500 for a number of years was a lot of fun, but nothing compared to the 2004 S430. More power than the old S500, better handling and a load of features make my new Benz an absolute pleasure to drive.

What a car!
By Zachmbenzfvr on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

I originally had a 2000 S430, and this 2004 is leaps and bounds an improvement over that car. The Seven speed tranny is smooth, and responsive. Love the exterior and the interior. The quality improvements inside are amazing. The exterior is Black Opal, with Grey interior. The combination is beautiful.