2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Best Automobile of the World
By Om Chahill on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Owning Mercedes-Benz since 1975 and it has the same grace, tradition and value. No automobile in this universe can beat it. Even Rolls and Bentley look after the most technological automobile, Mercedes-Benz. I believe there is only one automobile on Planet Earth to whom every automobile maker copies, which is only and only Mercedes- Benz of Stuttgart, Germany.

The best car ever
By carfanattic on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Frankly, the S55 AMG is the finest automobile on today's market. It's engine is powerful and absolutely dazzling. Since it is a Mercedes S- Class, the interior is obviously incredible. The looks of the AMG are vicious and very aggressive compared to other cars.

awesome
By Mike Kirkpatrick on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

best car I've every owned

comfort
By hp on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Remarkably comfortable. Having moved from a bulky "luxury" SUV, I was delighted with the interior space and comfort of the big S class. The ride was also a pleasant revelation. Smooth with excellent grip. The availablity of the 4matic system should make owning a large sedan more appealing for people in snowy climates...

stress free driving
By Abbi on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

its truly a unique experience. Handling on tight corners, and plowing through the rain leaving 4-wheel trucks behind is awesome. Sports package really makes it appealing but for the 4matic front and rear tires are not staggered - the only complaint I have is memory seats require holding the button until completion, BMW-7 one touch and I wish my car had better gas mileage

Best so far...
By carlover14 on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my third S-Class, and it is the best one to date. The materials are much improved over the previous generation and now having been with the COMAND system for 3 years, it has become intuitive. The ride is incredible and all the electronics (albeit somewhat worrying me reliability wise) have been working flawlessly and easily. If MB keeps building them like this, a Mercedes is all I'll have until I die.

absolutely perfect
By claude L'Heureux on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

stylish and fun to drive.2003 fit finish improvement are perfect

loving the ride...fingers crossed
By clozer on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I've had the car for 3 weeks. It handles GREAT! and the ride is magnificent . I'm having a ball using all of the great gizmos (most cabin functions are voice controlled, Keyless go, fully electronic trunk, and much more) Command is not nearly so difficult as the writers say you learn it in a few days. The 4matic, ESP and brake assist already got me out of what could have been a bad skid. My only concern is the occassional bad story of something going wrong with all of that technology, but I'm loving the car too much to really think about it. I guess that is what extended warrantys are for

The Best of the Best
By Steebie on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second S430 in three years, and the 2003 has really improved, especially the command system. The trunk pop out handle allows you to close the trunk without one fingerprint on the finish. Sound system is the best of the best, and comfortable ride can't be beat. The 2003 is the best yet.

good
By charlespig on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

fun to drive but the lexus LS is better. Plan to trade it in for the LS