Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

Only The Best, Will Do!
By aflame

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Why didn't I drive this car before? My wife took our first test drive, riding in the back seat. Her opinion, "I have never paid much attention to cars, before. This is the only car I have ever really wanted!" If you drive this car, you wonít be able to enjoy any other automobile. You can have the S500, and other models. Our S430 frequently gets over 29 mpg, on trips, and 22-25 in city driving. Specifically, I got 29.4 mpg, driving from Memphis to Cincinnati. I have driven my 1990 Miata over 70,000 miles; yes, I still have it; and, yes, I'll keep it till I die; however, the S Class takes the same turns, almost as fast as the Miata; and, it doesn't lean as much.

Our favorite feature is the sleek aerodynamic styling, and the stunning Brilliant Silver finish. Our neighborhood seems to grow Bimmers and Benzes on trees; but, the neighbors seem to like ours best, judging from the stares it receives

Iíve been using computers since 1982; but, I guess Iíll have to go to classes, to learn how to master the navigation system; but, what the heck, I donít really need it, anyway, not when we have yahoo maps to consult.

Mecedes S-Class
By Jason Maymudes

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

i like it alot it is fun to be driven in and the features are very nice it is also very comfortable and luxorias

i like the comfort and the gps also the back is big and comfortable

The pride of owning a 2003 MB S500
By cherylrix

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is hands-down the best & classiest auto built. I can tell you the looks that I get while driving this car are amazing! Valet always seems to run to park my car first! They all love the chance to drive this beauty! I have put more than 10k miles on it in 4 months because I love to drive it! Handles curves in the rain with no problem.

Stereo system, auto door closure, auto rear-view mirror, backseat side& rear window shades,(rear window is auotomatic touch),the smooth suspension........everything!!!

More user-friendly Nav unit with less cd's(or all included free),cup holder needs improvement,wider variety of options(like solar heating & air that is only available on another class MB) More service shops (not dealerships) I drive 4 hours to take mine in for service.

Nice Car
By Charl

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

roomy, quite, strong, confortable

wood trim, nice paint

Better nav detail

Good but could be better
By John1000

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Very poor transmission is in this car. The car makes a high pitch noise when you shifting from 1st to 2nd. For a car over 100k that should not be the case!

Great controls. Start the car and drive. BMW can keep their confusing IDRIVE.

Fix the transmission