2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
When only the best will do
By Barry D on 09/23/06 08:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

These cars are expensive to buy and maintain, but it really is the best car on the road. I traded my 2000 S500 in on the '03 with 4matic. The 4matic tends to drag or hold back compared to my rear drive, but it is great in the rain and snow. The '03 update really changes the look of the car inside and out. Fuel economy is not much better than a Range Rover. I'm averaging about 15 mpg, and I do a lot of highway driving. My rear drive got much better fuel economy. My car also has the sport package which also changes the look of the car quite a bit. It was next to impossible finding a 4matic with the sport package in a good color, but they are out there. A great car to buy used, save a ton!

Love that Car......
By Cae on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the finest vehicle I have ever owned. I do not like driving on snow or ice, this vehicle makes it a pleasure. As long as you respect the road conditions. Taking it on a long drive is like going to the corner store, never tired always just want to continue the drive.

comfort
By hp on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Remarkably comfortable. Having moved from a bulky "luxury" SUV, I was delighted with the interior space and comfort of the big S class. The ride was also a pleasant revelation. Smooth with excellent grip. The availablity of the 4matic system should make owning a large sedan more appealing for people in snowy climates...

loving the ride...fingers crossed
By clozer on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I've had the car for 3 weeks. It handles GREAT! and the ride is magnificent . I'm having a ball using all of the great gizmos (most cabin functions are voice controlled, Keyless go, fully electronic trunk, and much more) Command is not nearly so difficult as the writers say you learn it in a few days. The 4matic, ESP and brake assist already got me out of what could have been a bad skid. My only concern is the occassional bad story of something going wrong with all of that technology, but I'm loving the car too much to really think about it. I guess that is what extended warrantys are for