2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
I miss my BMW 750iL
By motts71 on 12/21/11 16:51 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I miss the quick warm ups, the handling, and the performance of my BMW. The Mercedes rear window defroster works very slowly, the car takes a long time to warm up. It is strictly a luxury car. I do like the fact that it has had fewer trips to the dealer than the BMW, but it is not as enjoyable to drive. Oh yes, the windshield washer tank keeps leaking so I always have a malfunction showing on the dash, and when that shows, you cannot access the other features of the car's computer.

Superb Luxury Car - Feel like a King!
By Dr. Warren Bruhl on 02/16/08 17:29 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased this 2003 Mercedes S430 with 4matic and I was pleasantly surprised how well it handles the harsh winter snows with ample reliability and confidence. The luxury interior is wonderful and it garners great respect even from my 14 year old daughter. I love the way it feels to drive this car and I have been pleasantly surprised by the gas mileage. Driving this car makes me feel secure and confident. It is a truly an executive car driving experience.

2003 S430 4matic - Lorinser Package
By Palm Desert on 02/11/08 14:21 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This was my dream car since 2000. At the price starting at $80K, I thought it would just remain a dream. I was blessed to have this used 2003 S430 this 12/2007. Its everything I expect it to be and more. Real quality & luxury.

Luxury no verve, but kudos in the snow
By Daniel W. on 06/25/07 20:30 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The car is heavy, very heavy and the drive lags with the 4.3 liter V8. The interior luxury appointments are what you would expect from an S-Class, top notch, especially the optional Bose entertainment system. Particularly impressive is the car's handling and poise in the snow. Three inches of fresh powder could do nothing the upset or throw off the ride, and the car tracks as well in the snow as it does on dry pavement. The optional airmatic suspension does well to firm up the ride and limit body roll on the first of the two settings, but the sport setting provides a rude ride not fit for even the liveliest drivers. I would recommend the S500 4m, or for more sport and fun a 7 series BMW.

love it
By atheavenly on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

very pleased exchanged my e class for the s class

Mecedes S-Class
By Jason Maymudes on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

i like it alot it is fun to be driven in and the features are very nice it is also very comfortable and luxorias

NAV System
By pulliae on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

NAV system does not include all highways and street. I am very disappointed with the lack of streets for all the USA. Delorme Map Co. can put every street in the USA on one(1) CD, why can't Mercedes do the same? Maybe Mercedes should contract with Delorme for navigation map CD's.

s class performance
By kevinze on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

one of the most incredible rides on the planet and a beautiful site to look at everyday.

stress free driving
By Abbi on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

its truly a unique experience. Handling on tight corners, and plowing through the rain leaving 4-wheel trucks behind is awesome. Sports package really makes it appealing but for the 4matic front and rear tires are not staggered - the only complaint I have is memory seats require holding the button until completion, BMW-7 one touch and I wish my car had better gas mileage

absolutely perfect
By claude L'Heureux on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

stylish and fun to drive.2003 fit finish improvement are perfect