2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
2003 S500
By FRANK on 12/01/08 09:01 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle. has power style and ride. I get 24 miles/gal highway. Not good in snow. Other than regular oil change very little maintenance cost. Excellent sound and heating system. Handles well.

Still needs improvement
By docstevew on 03/06/07 05:26 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I believe Mercedes still has a lot of room to improve on their "high end" car. It was always my dream to own a "Big Mercedes" for the style, luxury, and comfort. I find it to be satisfying with the car, but disappointed with the lack of attention to the details. This car always had some minor electrical problems (turning lights,ets) that the dealer can never seem to figure it out. Navigation system needs major improvement (with touch screen). Nevertheless, I like the style and smooth acceleration of its fine motor. It's like a dream come true, but not quite perfect.

A truly great automobile
By Rodney S. Cain on 06/14/06 21:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th new Mercedes. I have had diesel and gas models, I have had the SL models, and S models. They are a pleasure to own and to drive. Very reliable, and with their weight and ample power they make all roads,hills,and curves seem like an expressway. Best money I have ever spent on cars. Regardless of age, mileage, or type, I have enjoyed the car. Never got out of one and felt that I was tired of the drive. I oft times take it for a drive, just for the pleasure of driving it.

The only one
By svisquerra1 on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Heavy rain on New Yersey tpk, and no traffic, so perfect, it handles good, never drive a better car, love it!!!!

Good But Not Great
By Reasonable Man on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

S500 Sport. Forearms will grow because it takes real strength to guide car thru turns at low end. Best enjoyed at over 60 mph. Awesome acceleration at high end. Beautiful but uninspiring driver around town. Needs to be quicker. Plush interior, cavernous backseat. Nav system is not intuitive. Average sound system.

The pride of owning a 2003 MB S500
By cherylrix on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is hands-down the best & classiest auto built. I can tell you the looks that I get while driving this car are amazing! Valet always seems to run to park my car first! They all love the chance to drive this beauty! I have put more than 10k miles on it in 4 months because I love to drive it! Handles curves in the rain with no problem.

Lack of pride in workmenship
By Debi on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I find the workmenship to be shoddy. There is always a knock in the drivers seat, the windshield wipers always need adjustment and as of late the telestar system is on the blink. Very discouraging.

Best Automobile of the World
By Om Chahill on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Owning Mercedes-Benz since 1975 and it has the same grace, tradition and value. No automobile in this universe can beat it. Even Rolls and Bentley look after the most technological automobile, Mercedes-Benz. I believe there is only one automobile on Planet Earth to whom every automobile maker copies, which is only and only Mercedes- Benz of Stuttgart, Germany.

awesome
By Mike Kirkpatrick on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

best car I've every owned

NS
By kazbek on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The car is perfect..exept the novigation system