2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
My Mercedes-Benz
By Breian on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 4dr Sedan (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

I nhave been driving it for about 2 weeks, but I love it. I have no problems and I have a lot of fun. I ecommend you buy it!

Is the S-Class Fun to Drive?
By Chas on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Yes! The S-Class is a very nice car to drive.

First and last MBZ
By DisappointedInMBZ on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been a huge disappointment. The car has had problems since day one. It continues to have problems on a regular basis. Command Center failures for the first 18 months, radio, phone, airmatic pump,faulty warning indicators, steering three times, battery discharge (4 visits to fix correctly), both front windows quit working,numerous trim and molding problems, numerous electrical problems. This is not what I expected from MBZ. This is clearly the most expensive car and the worst performing car I have ever owned. Dealer also struggles to get repairs right the first time. Seems too sophisticated for their mechanics.

The Best In The World !!!
By Sanjeev on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is probably the best car in the world. Lots of features, mind-blowing performance and breathtaking looks. A benchmark. The benchmark !!!

S430
By Avi Wazana on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I had nothing but problems from day 1. While it is one of the best looking cars out there, I had component problems regularly. Breaks were replaced twice inside 15,000 miles, computer board replaced, electrical problems, noise and loose parts creating noise in the cabin, bas sensors not allowing to put the car in gear and much more... The car suffers from many problems caused by cheap or poor quality components used in the build. I hope MBZ will fix their problems for the future - for now I can not wait to finish my lease and get into a reliable Lexus !!!

Good and Bad
By antoniorv on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car that has its problems. Like everyone else I have found the COMAND system difficult to use. It can never be used while driving because it is so complicated. Another gripe is that there is a large blindspot because the passenger side mirror is obstructed by the A Pillar in many driving positions. The car is so easy to drive, and you never hear the engine. Also the power is smooth. Finally the interior is wonderful spacious and comfortable. Also the trunk is practicle. My only problem was when I got a flat tire and had to pay 500$ for a new tire. Also the remote battery dies quickly, but the dealer will happily replace it. In general this is a great car.

Review Review
By Sut-put on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

the cars performance is awesome unlike the lexus it drives with the road and it did not feel like the lexus at all. although the Navi system is a little confusing the other features beat the lexuses.

First Rate
By avanthomme on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Everything on this vehicle has been first rate! It's an absolutely amazing vehicle...uncomparable with other luxury sedans. Remarkable...The COMAND system isn't as difficult as people say it is. I didn't even have to read the manual. Trail and error...

Best Mercedes Yet
By carlover14 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 4dr Sedan (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

I Love my S600, its the best Mercedes I have owned yet. Everything is perfect and flawless. The engine is smooth and silky and the interior is overflowing with luxury features. I LOVE THIS CAR!!

#1 Car in the world
By 600 Owner on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 4dr Sedan (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

Great Car. It is a world of difference when compared to the other S class cars. The V-12 is incredible and mileage is excellent, same or better than the S500. I am a collector and will keep this car for a long time.