2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Poor Mrecedes
By E Collins on 09/01/06 20:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but problems. Sure better not trust it on a trip. I have sat in a hotel room one week and looked at the wall while the car was in the shop. Navagation gave out on another trip . Plans were made for a trip this week but this time I never got out of town. All lights were on. I was in the service dept instead of leaving.This has been going on from the day I brought it home. Almost 2007 and only less than 35,000 miles. I am solving this problem.Talking to Lexus. Plans in the making for a 2007 LS 460 so I can travel again. I have driven nothing but a Mercedes and was a die hard lover of the car.

Plan to drive for quite some time.....
By pal on 10/23/05 08:26 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Since purchase it has been a blast to drive. Hopeful the balanced engine translates into long life as that is the only way I am every going to get my money out it! '03+ S55 probably faster due to supercharger, but I could not stand to even think what a supercharger would cost down the line. Really enjoy the machine, great ride/fast ride. I confide I still don't feel like I "fit in" an S55 but hopeful my ego will catch up with the wheels.

Hot rod sedan. Great for work or pleasure
By Ric h Woods on 04/10/05 11:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Of all the luxury sedans I've owned, this one is the best. Overall, nothing can touch it. Performance, features, and even price (based on everything you get) is superb. This won't be my last S class AMG car.

Fat Ride
By Baller on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 4dr Sedan (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

I LOVE this car. It's a pleasure to drive and looks GREAT!!! This is a true example of you get what you pay for and you won't be dissappointed.

what a mess
By my car on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have been driving a mercedes for 30 years. Ordered my 2002 in July 2002.Added special lights ,built in phone. Paid 75000.00 cash and boy did I get a surprise in Oct.2002 when I got the car. So many blind spots, cheap made, very little leather and I want even get into the problems I have had. I am ashamed of the poor excuse for the navigation, no one told me about the 10 cd,s you had to buy.Bought all while traveling and then the whole system gave out.Plastic bumpers?

Great car,terrible dealer service
By johnlo on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second S-class. As with my first , I cannot find a better vehicle. Considering that this car costs over $80,000 to buy, the dealer support is unsatisfactory. I have tried two dealers in my area and I find that their Service Departments have no clue as to customer service.One department misplaced my vehicle for one hour at time of pickup, but did not complete the repairs- they did not tell me- I had to read the work order. The other dealer was to call me when a part came in and never did. One month later , I went to their parts department and purchased the item which I installed myself.

My sad experience with my S600!
By VML on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 4dr Sedan (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

The air conditioning had to be replaced 5 months after I bought it. The entire dashboard went out (i.e. no speedometer, no dash lights, no signal indicator lights). The engine kept running AFTER the car was turned off and the key taken out of the ignition. The hydraulic system failed leaving the car sitting 6" from the ground. Replaced battery twice in 30 months. GPS is archaic - not user friendly and half the addresses are not in the system. Have to buy add'l CD-ROMs to go all over the U.S. The mobile phone with the car is not digital and the dealer said it will cost $1,100 to upgrade to a digital phone.

Incredible
By banker on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

All the comforts of a Mercedes with the speed of a corvette (and then some). Still having and hard time believing that much power in a Mercedes.

GREAT CAR
By DOMINIC on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I TRADED IN A 95 S320 WHICH WAS BULLET PROOF THIS NEW CAR IS GREAT .HOW EVER NOT AS BULLET PROFF AS MY 95 WAS .I BOUGHT THIS NEW IN NOV. 2002 IT HAS ONLY NEEDED OIL CHANGES .I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL .

best sedan ever made
By nimrod on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

best sedan ever made