2001 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Review: S 500 not a lexus but a great

2001 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Review

S 500 not a lexus but a great car
By srosa on

2001 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my car with 50k on it. It now has 75k so I fell I know the car pretty good. I had to replace the air suspension($350) if you do it yourself. Also the radiator fan motor(bought fan onling) and a fuse for the left side of the car electronics(not happy about that). Also some rust at seams of the body. If you are unable to do some work yourself and dont like car repair bills by a lexus or bmw. This car is nice to ride in, very comfortable. A bmw is a nice car to drive. Great pick up for a big car. Timeless look.

Rest button-allows the car to stay heated for 30 minutes after you shut car off. Nice on cold days. The car is reliable but requires a lot of maintence. I do feel it will last to 150-200k. Do not buy this car if you don't have a couple bucks to spend on repairs. If you want to look like a million bucks and drive a big safe car, this is it. But I still like the 7 series better.