2001 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Ultimate Driving Machine
By Quarterbacking on 06/05/10 17:48 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I still own the S55 AMG I purchased in 2001. I use it as a pleasure vehicle (Driven 1 to 2 times per week), as a partially driven car over the last 10 years it has been a pretty decent vehicle w/ it's share of problems. Overall, it's great vehicle and a huge conversation piece.

Nice Car. A monster
By Nas on 05/29/10 21:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Great speed and handling! Love the outside sport look and the large room compared to my previous BMW cars. Will keep it for sure.

Worth it - new or used
By Happy ! on 12/27/09 18:25 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

The 2001 S55 AMG is worth it, new or used. Currently own two while this is my third Mercedes. This one has an excellent balance of performance and comfort which is very hard to beat in this model. Take it for a long drive, pulsed massage, air conditioned or heated seats pamper you along the way. This car is complicated to maintain, it requires a genuine understanding of what's under the hood. Find a solid mechanic and you are set, it is a very reliable car. It is a given you need to bite the bullet on gas mileage. Stick to cruise control to save, makes a difference. Ironic advice given tempting performance at your fingertips. Scratch that, pay a little extra, enjoy the ride!

Love It
By Glorious on 11/11/07 18:05 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

As my first luxury car, I guess I jumped ahead. But I couldn't resist when I first drove it. In and out it has everything I could want. The seats look hand made with high quality leather, which gives it a great feel to it. The V8 AMG keeps up with M ustangs (not that I've raced one...lol). If you love attention this a the car for you.

Expensive to maintain
By RAH on 01/06/07 07:51 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for 6 months and have spent over $1,500 for repairs. It had 66,000 miles on it when I purchased it from a dealer and was in great shape cosmetically. For a car that cost over $100K when new and with only 70K miles on it I am very dissapointed with the quality and durability and cost to own. It is a powerful fun car to drive and I like the body style and the interior room but I am thinking strongly about trading it for a Lexus.

Nice ride
By Manish Salwan on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Its a great car, no duoubt..but da $$$ can be a prob.