2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 5.0L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Business Car that has been

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Review

Business Car that has been reliable
By David Thompson on

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with only 43000 miles on it. Have driven it mostly for business trips on the road and have enjoyed the acceleration, the room for clients in the back seat, the smoooooth ride and the impression the car makes. Beautiful finish on exterior. Have only had to replace a set of brakes and two tires. But I DID purchase an extended warranty to be safe. I have really enjoyed driving this car!

Favorite Features

Unbelievable legroom in back, acceleration & top end speed, smooth ride, Bose audio system, rear windows go all the way down & have auto up and down feature, nav system, xenon headlamps, soft close doors, quietness of ride, overall styling, beautiful wood trim, neat steering wheel controls

Suggested Improvements

Totally overhaul navigation and radio controls-- too much spinning required of control knob. Eliminate plastic base on seats-- it is creaky and sounds cheap. Re-do the cup holders as they impinge on the passenger seat area. Quit gouging for phone service (I refuse to hook it up-- waste of money)