Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

I'm Happy
By Doc1

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4dr Sedan

I've owned the following , LS400, (2) Q45's Qx4, 528e, Caddy's and Lincolns. This my 7th S class I'm very happy . it gets plenty of looks and so far in 8 months I put 15k miles on the car. Now I'm starting to see little expensive things like transmission seals, control arms, and when we very cold days like below 28 degrees the pump for the suspension stop working.luv the sound system, but it sways a little at high speeds. I've never driven any other car @ 130 mph. Gas mileage stinks in the city. Nevertheless I plan to buy another one when I can.

Sound system, super ride, looks, fun to drive, comfort, space, and the power front seat cushion, thats really why I bought the car.

Better seals like the old Mercedes so the transmission dosen't leak with such low mileage, better cushion in the seats.

I won't buy another one
By wcw

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Mercedes-Benz S500 has been a huge disappointment. In May 2000 I experienced many problems with it, at only 7,468 miles. Again on 8/26/2000 I experienced multitude of problems, at 11,114 miles. And again on 9/2001 at 19,492 miles. On 10/18/02 at 28,231 miles I had to pay $376 in addition to warranty covered items. On 3/03 I experienced more problems, including a defective "adc." In 2004 the electric seat became inoperative and left front door control module replaced to a tune of $980. On 11/13/04 I had to get a new air suspension pump for $500. This car's fuel gauge is still inoperative, I have not fixed it yet. I'll measure it with a stick rather than pay for a new one. This is my second and final Mercedes. It's hard to believe you can pay $90,000 for a car you only drive 8,000 miles/year and be faced with this lemon.

Comfort.

Stop overengineering with useless junk gadgets like GPS.

Mercedes S430
By R Blake

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4dr Sedan

This the finest automobile I have ever owned. I am looking forward to the release of the 2006 late next year. My only problem with the car has been the electonics.I have had to replace the dash console twice. Another feature of the Mercedes is the dealer service. I have had the car serviced all over the eastern USA and each experience has been wonderful.

The driving ease of the car and the comfort for long road trips. In four years I have driven 97000 miles and each long trip I arrive feeling relaxed and fit.

Sexy POS
By esntrk1

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4dr Sedan

If you don't want drama, do not buy this car!! It car is a maintenance nightmare. Do not buy it used without an exteneded warranty!! You are asking for financial ruin!! This car cost me nearly 10k in maintenace this year alone!! Read the many horror stories at www.mbworld.com. Then if you still must have the car, lease or buy it new and get rid of it before the warranty expires. People ask me all the time about my S500 and I tell them to buy the Lexus LS430. It will actually increase your quality of life by reducing your stress level and maintaining your net worth.

The car is still very stylish. It drives very well on the open highway and can make an 8 hour trip seem like 3 hours. It is extremely beautiful just sitting in the parking lot.

We tend to believe that the more we pay for a vehicle, the higher the luxury and quality. In this case, it is just the opposite. This car will cost you more time, money and inconvenience than it is really worth. It will need a visit to the dealership every other month at least.

Mercedes
By persian man

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is one of a kind. I have never experienced such a maginificent car. I have owned BMW's and Jaguars, but Mercedes is in a league of its own. Mercedes is by far makes the best sedan under 150000 dollars.

Their are so many magnificent features in this car. I love the engine. I love the interior. The navigation is one of the best I have ever seen. This car is beautiful inside and out.

One thing tha needs to be improves is that all of the plastic features should be replaced by leather. For example the plastic were the armrest on the door is should be covered with leather. All the interior plastic must be replaced.