2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
What has happened to Mercedes Benz?
By Disappointed-One on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4dr Sedan

We purchased this vehicle in 2003 with 19,000 miles with the intention of keeping it for 10 years. It was in the Mercedes certified used car program. In the 8 months we owned the vehicle, it was in the shop 5 times for a wide variety of reasons, including a failed instrument cluster, windshield washer tank failure, numerous electrical issues and repeated "Check Engine" alerts. I cannot express how disappointed we have been with this Mercedes-Benz. This was the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Buyers beware -- this is not your father's Mercedes; it's a disgustingly expensive vehicle that does not live up to the Mercedes brand and reputation.

Looks Good but Wears Poorly
By rsalinger on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4dr Sedan

I just traded my 2000 S500. During the 60,000 miles I drove it, it suffered from too many expensive defects for me to recommend the car. I had the fuel tank pulled at 14000 miles, the computer replaced at 40000 miles, the mass air flow censor at 60000 miles and the entire steering system - rack, pump etc at 50000 miles. All in all too many repairs.

Jaison's review of 2000 S430
By highstylinS430 on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4dr Sedan

This car is an escape of daily life. The Airmatic suspension provides a cloudlike ride over bumps and open highways. Having owned a 2000 S430, I have taken many long trips comfortably. However, seats are rock hard but durable for daily use. The S500 has softer Nappa seats (my choice). COMMAND occasionally gives incorrect directions but provides sense of security driving in an unknown area. Bose 10 speaker system provides deep, rich sound. This is a car anyone can enjoy. I've enjoyed this car and will purchase again. Must have options: Xenon lights, cd- changer, Parktronic. Nice options to have: rear sunshade, reclining rear seats, multi-contour seats.

Impressive!
By ACrossley on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4dr Sedan

My wife had always wanted a Benz. I've driven BMW's for the last seven years. I must say I'm very impressed with this car. While it doesn't handle like a BMW, it is none the less very impressive. I love to drive the car. The weekend I bought it, I drove it 1,000 miles and loved it! I definitely have moved over to Mercedes Benz!

Great Car
By PJAW on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4dr Sedan

I'm nearing the end of my 4 year lease, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. You have to own one of these to appreciate all the details that contribute to the driving experience. It manages to be ultra comfortable and quiet without becoming dull or isolating the driver. I've just road tested the obvious competitors (7 series, A8, XJ), all of which are new designs, looking for my next car and they all have obvious flaws. So I've configured and ordered a 2004 S-Class and am looking forward to another pleasurable 4 years.

2000 S Class is a home run with value...
By WH on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4dr Sedan

Great to drive looks brand new...

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Par4tom on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4dr Sedan

This car has been rock solid for over the past year I have driven it. Interior noise is extremely low and the car runs very well out on the highways and open roads. Car feels "big" when driving it around town but I have had absolutely no problems with the vehicle.

ARE YOU GUYS NUTS?
By liou on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4dr Sedan

The review of the car must have been done by some idiot. THey obviously don't know what to look for in a luxury car. I have no problems with the car for 3 yrs and love driving across canada. Normally, edmunds helps, but this reviewer should be FIRED.

Luxury Family Sedan
By Jaeger on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S430 4dr Sedan

This car replaces my Jag XJR, which offered a back seat so small that my 5 year old complained about leg room. I no longer have to take the wife's minivan when going on a weekend family outing.

VERY UPSET WITH MERCEDES
By TOM PAPPAS on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4dr Sedan

THE CAR HAS GONE THRU 5 BATTERIES 3 MAIN COMPUTERS ALTENATOR DAMPERS, VARIUS WIRING.2 SUSPENSIONS 2A ARMS INTERIOR LIGHTS DO NOT WORK WHEN HEADLIGHTS ON NAVIGATION GOES ON WHEN YOU PUT ON THE RADIO STEERING BELT BROKE AT 18,000 MILES WOUND UP ON I SIDE WALK WITH MY WIFE IN CAR COMPUTERS WENT OUT WHILE I WAS DRIVING THRU LINCLON TUNNEL AND WHILE I WAS ON THE ROAD .SILVERSTARMOTORS IN QUEENS MAINTAINED THE CAR FOR 2 YEARS AND THEY MAID THE CAR WORSE THAN IT IS I PURCHASED THE CAR FOR SAFETY AND RELIABILITY BUT THE CAR DID NOT DELIVER I AM UPSET WITH MERCEDES AND THE DEALERSHIPS FOR SELLING THESE JUNK CARS A