Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

I love my MB
By waltercole

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 11 years and have never had the kind of problems others mention. The tires and brakes last as well as my Volvos have. Repairs are quite expensive but I go to a MB specialist who is honest and reliable for considerably less than MB dealers.
I do drive intelligently and take prope care of the car. 120,000 miles so far and many more to go.

Nightmare
By DSMITH303

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

Thought this was my dream car, but it has turned out to be a nightmare! I've had three air-compressed shocks go bad on me, each costs about $1,300 to fix, a ball joint, and a crankshaft sensor. Thank goodness I have a personal mechanic that does the work or I'd probably go bankrupt soon. what else? I have a leak in the back of the car, which makes rainy days scary and the CD player is on the blink. There is no doubt that this is a beautiful car, but it seems as if I am waiting for the next thing to go wrong! This is not what I thought owning a Mercedes would be like. This is definitely the first and last Benz I am going to own, so much for my dream car. Seriously, I hope it gets better.

A great ride, especially on long rides. Very good looking car and has very good power.

Make a car worth the money people pay for them. People want quality and substance in a car not just a pretty design, if that was the case I would buy a Dodge Challenger! Mercedes, please give people the quality in which they are paying for.

They Call it Misery
By Benz Boy

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

Beautiful car in design. That's where the enjoyment ceases. This car is like a beautiful woman with a bad personality and poor morals. Great to look at, but once you touch it your wallet and health go south. Mercedes knew this car was a piece of trash when they built it. My car has 64,548 miles and it has managed to go through two A/C systems, CD player, window electrical problems, brakes, transmission replacement and so forth. It's fun to drive when it finally runs, but it's best to keep a good wrecker service on call at all times. Mercedes lied to their customer base and myself about this car. I will never drive another one unless it's a vintage 560 sel or 560 sl.

When it's not in the shop.

Send the car to Lexus Corporation and have them get a good laugh about their so called competitor .

Poor delivery, poor dealership
By ad wood

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

Maintenence expense for this car exceeded $10,000 in the first two years. The quality was a disgrace. Major components had to be replaced. Finally found an independent machanic who virtually rebuilt it for us. Now it is a great car. Mercedes should be ashamed of the quality of this car.

Drives like a dream, plenty of interior room and great seats. Once its manufacturing flaws were corrected it became a super vehicle

A 700 page 2 vol. owners manual is beyond the average mans comprehension. Car is far too complicated to master

My Benz
By Willie

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It is a beautiful vehicle with lots of power. It is great for running the kids around to take my wife out for the evening.