Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-benz S-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

This car was created as a joke from MB
By yelis

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

Its like a cardboard......falls apart probably as I wright this just standing in parking lot.....What broke: transmission at 100k, cooling fans, airmatic pump, gear box shifter, navigation system, tape player, 1 door locking mechanism, and thats after i bought the car used, I would imagine previous owner had nightmares too. One of my friends had 00 or 02 model and had to lease Honda Accord because this MB was simply NOT drivable due to constant breakdowns

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Quality Control

I love my MB
By waltercole

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 11 years and have never had the kind of problems others mention. The tires and brakes last as well as my Volvos have. Repairs are quite expensive but I go to a MB specialist who is honest and reliable for considerably less than MB dealers. I do drive intelligently and take prope care of the car. 120,000 miles so far and many more to go.

Nightmare
By DSMITH303

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

Thought this was my dream car, but it has turned out to be a nightmare! I've had three air-compressed shocks go bad on me, each costs about $1,300 to fix, a ball joint, and a crankshaft sensor. Thank goodness I have a personal mechanic that does the work or I'd probably go bankrupt soon. what else? I have a leak in the back of the car, which makes rainy days scary and the CD player is on the blink. There is no doubt that this is a beautiful car, but it seems as if I am waiting for the next thing to go wrong! This is not what I thought owning a Mercedes would be like. This is definitely the first and last Benz I am going to own, so much for my dream car. Seriously, I hope it gets better.

Favorite Features

A great ride, especially on long rides. Very good looking car and has very good power.

Suggested Improvements

Make a car worth the money people pay for them. People want quality and substance in a car not just a pretty design, if that was the case I would buy a Dodge Challenger! Mercedes, please give people the quality in which they are paying for.

My Benz
By Willie

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It is a beautiful vehicle with lots of power. It is great for running the kids around to take my wife out for the evening.

Horizon Blue Benz
By G Caillier

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

I bought this car on ebay and I have had it for 2 years. It handles very well and is beautiful. I wish the navagation would auto update( each time you start up) like my husbands Platinum esv Escalade. I know this was pioneering navagation. I am thinking of getting another one if I can find one in the same color.I have the s430. I choose this one after comparing the dimensions of the back seats between 430/500. The 430 excelarated faster. I have had to spend no major $ on repairs I do my A and B services reg. Go For it.

Favorite Features

I love love love the fast acceleration. When the wiper is set on the first line- windshield wipers turn on and off by sensor. Even if a little water hits the windshield it comes on and turns off.

Suggested Improvements

Better back seat a/c. Doesn't put out alot of air from door a/c vents.