2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
This car was created as a joke from MB
By yelis on 09/13/11 12:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

Its like a cardboard......falls apart probably as I wright this just standing in parking lot.....What broke: transmission at 100k, cooling fans, airmatic pump, gear box shifter, navigation system, tape player, 1 door locking mechanism, and thats after i bought the car used, I would imagine previous owner had nightmares too. One of my friends had 00 or 02 model and had to lease Honda Accord because this MB was simply NOT drivable due to constant breakdowns

I love my MB
By waltercole on 08/09/11 16:51 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 11 years and have never had the kind of problems others mention. The tires and brakes last as well as my Volvos have. Repairs are quite expensive but I go to a MB specialist who is honest and reliable for considerably less than MB dealers. I do drive intelligently and take prope care of the car. 120,000 miles so far and many more to go.

Nightmare
By DSMITH303 on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

Thought this was my dream car, but it has turned out to be a nightmare! I've had three air-compressed shocks go bad on me, each costs about $1,300 to fix, a ball joint, and a crankshaft sensor. Thank goodness I have a personal mechanic that does the work or I'd probably go bankrupt soon. what else? I have a leak in the back of the car, which makes rainy days scary and the CD player is on the blink. There is no doubt that this is a beautiful car, but it seems as if I am waiting for the next thing to go wrong! This is not what I thought owning a Mercedes would be like. This is definitely the first and last Benz I am going to own, so much for my dream car. Seriously, I hope it gets better.

My Benz
By Willie on 12/17/07 09:41 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It is a beautiful vehicle with lots of power. It is great for running the kids around to take my wife out for the evening.

Horizon Blue Benz
By G Caillier on 03/16/07 08:07 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

I bought this car on ebay and I have had it for 2 years. It handles very well and is beautiful. I wish the navagation would auto update( each time you start up) like my husbands Platinum esv Escalade. I know this was pioneering navagation. I am thinking of getting another one if I can find one in the same color.I have the s430. I choose this one after comparing the dimensions of the back seats between 430/500. The 430 excelarated faster. I have had to spend no major $ on repairs I do my A and B services reg. Go For it.

Greatest of autos
By pete on 12/18/06 11:33 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

Great vechile. Had front shock and strut replaced. Faced some sticker shock but for ride, control, safety, that part being air and adjustable, it was reasonable. Room, comfort, driving enjoyment 2nd to none. 40 yrs of driving experience in the mountains of NC and all, and I mean all, types of other vechile experience, this is the best of experiences.

Mercedes Does Not Mean Quality
By Richard Bailey on 09/17/06 12:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

Purchased my 2000 S430 as a pre-owned. It had 56,000 miles on it, and the rack & pinion had to be replaced. It also has a high rear-end gear noise between 50 and 60MPH. The driver side sun visor no longer stays in place, and I had to tape it to the roof. There is rear vibration between 60 and 80MPH, though it has new Continental tires balanced by the Mercedes dealer. An A/C sensor failed at 57,000 miles, which caused the unit to freeze up. The CD player has started locking up, though it has been cleaned.

I'm Happy
By Doc1 on 02/17/05 13:10 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

I've owned the following , LS400, (2) Q45's Qx4, 528e, Caddy's and Lincolns. This my 7th S class I'm very happy . it gets plenty of looks and so far in 8 months I put 15k miles on the car. Now I'm starting to see little expensive things like transmission seals, control arms, and when we very cold days like below 28 degrees the pump for the suspension stop working.luv the sound system, but it sways a little at high speeds. I've never driven any other car @ 130 mph. Gas mileage stinks in the city. Nevertheless I plan to buy another one when I can.

Mercedes S430
By R Blake on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

This the finest automobile I have ever owned. I am looking forward to the release of the 2006 late next year. My only problem with the car has been the electonics.I have had to replace the dash console twice. Another feature of the Mercedes is the dealer service. I have had the car serviced all over the eastern USA and each experience has been wonderful.

Jaison's review of 2000 S430
By highstylinS430 on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

This car is an escape of daily life. The Airmatic suspension provides a cloudlike ride over bumps and open highways. Having owned a 2000 S430, I have taken many long trips comfortably. However, seats are rock hard but durable for daily use. The S500 has softer Nappa seats (my choice). COMMAND occasionally gives incorrect directions but provides sense of security driving in an unknown area. Bose 10 speaker system provides deep, rich sound. This is a car anyone can enjoy. I've enjoyed this car and will purchase again. Must have options: Xenon lights, cd- changer, Parktronic. Nice options to have: rear sunshade, reclining rear seats, multi-contour seats.