1999 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Best Mercedes out there
By Benzowner on 11/16/04 22:33 PM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 LWB 4dr Sedan

I have a 1999 S320, It is my most favorite Mercedes because it has power and it is limited edition bullet proof. The S320 has alot of power considered the weight it has to pull. I would recommend the S320 to anyone. Never had a problem with it yet!

My Mercedes S-320 (1999)
By idlexus1 on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 LWB 4dr Sedan

This is a great car!! The only problem I have ahd is that I cannot get the windows to consistently roll down with the remote. There's either a problem in the remote or somewhere in the electrical system. When I take it back for maintenance, I will get that fixed. Otherwise, NO PROBLEM!! Mercedes definitely makes good cars. The price is worth it though.

resale value went byby
By white_de on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 LWB 4dr Sedan

extremely solid sedan butno dancer in the tulips like earlier MB. Must ignore Dealer on 30-32psi in tires, they have a max of 44 and 40-42 makes it handle much much better. idiots. hate the painted bumpers. exceptional power except when loaded heavy. No real reason to have the eight cylinder unless carrying a band of gypsies on every trip. Very poor ergos for any activities other than transport...do not expect cup holder to function- designed by committee of German engineers with tooooo much time on their hands. KISS! More solid than Lexus430 but not as refined. More elegant than 740 but nowhere as fun to drive

Great Car.
By William McGrane on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 LWB 4dr Sedan

Great Car. I have enjoyed this vehicle very much, especially on long drives and vacations. You feel totally in control of the road and impervious to noise and heat.

Traded my 2000 S-type
By var on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 LWB 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. After two years of problems with my S-Type.-. I now know what it is like to die and go to heaven. Mercedes-Benz S-Class will be the only car I buy from now on. It's not just the car it's the service as well. Jaguar's next car should be called...."Notmy -Type"

WORST CAR EVER
By Mark W. on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 LWB 4dr Sedan

I have owned many cars prior to this MB, from Infiniti, BMW, Land Rover, Cadillac, Buick, Audi, and more. Never have I experience more troubles than I have since purchasing this car. I have had the car in service every month that I have owned it...from squeeks to transmission problems. And the service and sales from MB is the same at the quality of this car. Although I thought this car alone was a lemon, I soon realized that is not the case. Many others who own S-Class Mercedes have the same disappointing stories. My advice...AVOID this car at all costs!