1998 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Best Mercedes I have owned
By Vince S on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 SWB 4dr Sedan

This is my fifth, and best Mercedes, over the past 20 years. Purchased used with 30,000 miles on it. The quiet, smooth ride is great, and the power of the 320 engine is remarkable. Fuel economy is excellent, hitting 25 MPG on trips, and 21 MPG in town. Features are outstanding, especially the bose sound system. Nothing has gone wrong with the car in the 36,000 miles I have driven it. A truly fine automobile.

Must be Crazy
By Nancy02 on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

My husband bought this car on a crazy impulse, He was so proud and happy about driving a benz around. He got a great deal and it only had 30k on it, but it has been nothing but trouble since he bought it. We have spend over $6000 on fixing this car since he bought it. It has been in the shop longer that it has been out of it. I know the person before me said that the vehicle is great, but I think he or she must me a benz dealer because everyone I talked to told me that they have had problems with their S420 as well. This was a mistake that we will never do again.

Best car in the world.
By Igor Titar on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

The S-Class is the most beautiful car I've seen & drove. It feels like your driving a ship because its so smooth on the road, it is the creamiest & most comfortable ride & when you need to get somewhere quick it feels like driving a private jet. When I turn on the music it feels like Im at a consert. & when the ESP(traction control) system is on, it is almost impossible to lose control of the car, even if you try (I've tried, I took it out on the snow & tried all kinds of maneuvers to see if it looses traction) it almost feel like a train in its tracks.