1998 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Saved my Life
By Saved my life on 03/24/10 01:39 AM (PDT)

1998 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

Absolutely loved this car from day 1. Rear-ended in January,2010 by a speeding vehicle. 87 yr old mom and I should have been totaled. I drove my car to the side of the road. I am looking for a replacement and want exactly the same car. I drive my Mercedes for 20 years and want another 10 in this model. If I could I would buy every single one on the road and drive a different color every day. This was Mercedes BEST...to date.

1998 S420
By Wes Benton on 07/28/09 02:44 AM (PDT)

1998 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

Great vehicle all around some small minor issues however in long drives superb!! great take off, great traction, sounf system is real cool, and speed 138mhp through Mojave Desert, CA. Stop on a dime!!! This is a First Class Car especially when its detailed Black and Black everyone looks at like a with a stare of (Who is in there?) great feeling. Must keep up service not that expensive about $800-$900 per year on the low end. Solid ride very safe.

When MB S420 was still a distinctive Car
By Robert S. on 02/19/07 14:15 PM (PST)

1998 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

Nothing but praise! Had a '95 S420 with problems.Give it a second chance, I am so glad I did. Black on black = prestige and class!I Enjoy every trip (San Fran to L.A) Satisfaction? Don't skimp with the services, it pays in the long run! Comfort and style = 1998 S420 MB!

STATELY BENZ
By PWa2902216 on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

I bought this car thinking this is a keeper, that has remained to be seen. I would only recommend buying this car used and with a really good extended waranty-with the technology option.

Must be Crazy
By Nancy02 on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

My husband bought this car on a crazy impulse, He was so proud and happy about driving a benz around. He got a great deal and it only had 30k on it, but it has been nothing but trouble since he bought it. We have spend over $6000 on fixing this car since he bought it. It has been in the shop longer that it has been out of it. I know the person before me said that the vehicle is great, but I think he or she must me a benz dealer because everyone I talked to told me that they have had problems with their S420 as well. This was a mistake that we will never do again.