1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
They don't make them....
By Mr. Mercedes on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 4dr Sedan

Though still cherry, it has always been ripe to my eyes, ears, and nose. They do not make cars like this any longer. Wonderful excess!

S500
By Sharvan on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with approx 87,000 miles on it believing that it was a quality car that would hold a reasonable value. In the two and a half years that I had it, it cost over $6,000.00 in repairs and had to be towed back to the dealer twice. I would not recomend buying a Mercedes of any type unless there was a full warrantee on the car. Do not expect to get any thing for it on a trade. When the car runs it can appear to be a great car, but be sure to have a lot off money in the bank if you buy one used. Especially if the warrantee has run out. I sold it with 122,000 miles on it.

Mercedes S320
By Len Gaby on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 SWB 4dr Sedan

First time I have driven a car to over 100,000 miles. Hard to imagine a better vehicle from any aspect.

repair-a-month
By Eminem on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 LWB 4dr Sedan

Excellent driving and looking car, very comfortable, but no fun to maintain. The front brakes wore out twice on me ( in 16k miles), and I was trying to make them last the second time around ( using factory pads you only get about 8k ) Other problems in 6 months: Water pump, sensor, air conditioning leak, antenna, and some engine rough problem that was fixed with new expensive plugs. Notice all the repairs were minor, but even minor stuff is expensive on this car. If you have money to burn on maintenance, than its a dreamy car to drive ( its huge and heavy yet quick and handles well ). I just wish is was as reliable as a japanese car.

repair-a-month
By eminem on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 LWB 4dr Sedan

great car
By happy owner on 02/28/02 13:31 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 SWB 4dr Sedan

The S class is one of the greatest cars ever made. It is solid, comfortable, and genuinely a pleasure to drive. I have owned mine since 1997, and I still look forward to driving it. My wife owns a new M class (2002), but I greatly prefer my car.