1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 LWB Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercedes-benz S-class - Consumer Reviews

1995 S-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

Sort Reviews by

I wish they still made this car!!!
By The Best Car Ever!

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S320 LWB 4dr Sedan

We have owned our S320 LWB MBZ for 15 years this car has been solid reliable and great on fuel( strait 6cyl is a bit underpowered until u gear down and get the tranny involved). SINCE warranty,we have replaced;wiring harness, and the AC was not blowing out the vents that someone else mentioned but it was NOT 4K to fix.New head liner and the radio antenna and just recently struts($900) and catalytic converter, front suspension from wear and tear but I don't think u can fault the car for that. Also some window switches and now the left rear door window motor is out. Rear AC vent and some makeup mirror hinges have broken. This car still rides like a dream and has so many quality features!!

Favorite Features

Quiet and solid and safe and comfortable!. Double paned windows... great road feel and I drive this car hard on curvy roads... Huge back seat space for 4 adults and still looks great!! Can still do 100 and feel great on the FWY!!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders were clearly a MBZ afterthought and my spilling coffee from their shallowness is what has messed up my window switches which are right there on the shifter deck.

Land Yacht
By JamesT

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S600 4dr Sedan

Purchased new and maintained meticulously through the dealership. No worn out parts or service necessary, just preventative maintenance over the years. For a V12 this vehicle performs like it should; excellent fuel mileage for 12 cyl 3.5 ton car and amazing amenities. Rides nice drives nice still feels like new every day at almost 302k miles :) I recommend Mercedes to anyone!

Favorite Features

ASR, BAS, EAS, all the computers that keep the car on the road in the most dangerous of situations! Great power, fun to drive, never gets old! Real wood and leather and dual pane glass make this car superior in today's standards.

Suggested Improvements

$189k initial investment, have spent a little over $105k in the past 15 years maintaining her but well worth every penny!

95 S420 my dream come true
By S420 ON 20$

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S420 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 95 s420 for real cheap. I was gonna buy a 96 e320 but saw & test drove it & fell in love with it ! i brought it home & changed tranny fluids & added 2 qt of LUCAS OIL it made such a difference! then i got rid of the stock intake system & replaced it with a cold air intake filter directly on the intake throttle feel hear that & LET THAT engine BREATH

Favorite Features

Real nice super car, soft leather interior & a real head turner!

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of that stock intake system its garbage!

I Love This Car!
By $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S320 SWB 4dr Sedan

This car is wonderful. I bought this with a 175,000 miles and she runs like new. I'm so particular about my car but everything works. I'm happy

Favorite Features

Quiet ride and handling sound system vac door locks

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.

This car is before its time!
By Anwar

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4dr Sedan

I bought my s500 with 182,000 miles on it and quickly added 10,000 miles within a month. this is a great solid car. i bought it with a few problems but once i gave it a tune up(new starter,spark plugs, oil change to ROYAL PURPLE and spark plug wires) this car ran smoother than a baby's bottom. I drove up and down i95 in and out of town with no problem. A 30 min trip on this car feels like a 10 min trip especially on the open road my foot always seems to sink into the pedal and i end up doing 100+ mph without noticing at all! lol. GREAT CAR! I bought it and invested a few dollars and sold it 10,000 miles later because GAS was to much! a v12 using Diesel would of been cheaper!

Favorite Features

Comfort, Elegance, Big Back Doors, Reclining Back Seats, Heated Rear seats, Privacy Curtain, i can go on for days..

Suggested Improvements

Gas, gas, gas, gas, and gas!

Built Without Regard To Expense
By John Throbs

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4dr Sedan

Love the car. It's like driving a fast, well handling, exceedingly comfortable tank. Mine has not had any problems, but I bought it with 50K miles on it and it had a complete service log showing that all maintenance had been done. These cars have two flaws: The a/c evaporator can go out, and it is a $4K, dash out job to replace it, and the engine wiring harness can deteriorate, which is a $1,500 job to replace. Make sure the car you're buying has had these two repairs done to it and you will be fine.

Favorite Features

Absolute safety with speed.

Suggested Improvements

These cars are so inexpensive now that it is obscene.

Old Reliable
By andy

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S320 SWB 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been terrific to own and drive. It is comfortable and extremely reliable. I have only had one major repair, when the condenser went bad after 8 years. Beyond that, virtually all that has been needed is routine maintainence. The vehicle is roomy inside, and has a very large trunk. I have put on 186K miles and have never had a problem with either the engine or transmission.

Luxury Liner
By ar

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S420 4dr Sedan

This 95' is a dream come true. ibought it brand new off the lot in 05' and all I can say is "they just don't make like this anymore"! Lots of people complain about the fuel mileage, but I get 20+mpg, and better on the highway. This car was built 10 years ago! They really new what they were doing when they built this car. It is solid as a rock, and drives like dream!

Favorite Features

Pull tight doors, sunroof, orthopedic seats, exterior looks, V-8 275HP, and for a car that has 225k miles on it ,the rear seats look like no one has sat in them!

Suggested Improvements

The air conditioner went out at 210,000 miles.

Vehicle to remember
By EDEXPRESS

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S420 4dr Sedan

This vehicle rides wonderfully and gets approx 20mpg, which is great for a car of this size. My only gripe is the persistant problems with the closing assist system, I have replaced 3 window motors and the AC went bad at 45k miles. I expect less petty yet expensive repairs from a car of this class.

Favorite Features

Comfortable and smooth ride. Awesome sound system

Suggested Improvements

Repair the sensor for the fuel injectors so that the check engine light does not come on for no reason.

Living Room On Wheels
By Benz560

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S420 4dr Sedan

So far so good! I have had very limited problems with it, It needed a new radiator,vacuum assist pump, and a transmission flush. Great car!

Favorite Features

I love the assisting self closing doors, and the retractable rear headrests, and the trunk handle.

Suggested Improvements

Not to much! I wish mercedes made heated seats standard on the front on the S-Class models!