1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 5.0L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

S500 Sedan (5.0L V8 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
This car is before its time!
By Anwar on 04/02/10 22:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

I bought my s500 with 182,000 miles on it and quickly added 10,000 miles within a month. this is a great solid car. i bought it with a few problems but once i gave it a tune up(new starter,spark plugs, oil change to ROYAL PURPLE and spark plug wires) this car ran smoother than a baby's bottom. I drove up and down i95 in and out of town with no problem. A 30 min trip on this car feels like a 10 min trip especially on the open road my foot always seems to sink into the pedal and i end up doing 100+ mph without noticing at all! lol. GREAT CAR! I bought it and invested a few dollars and sold it 10,000 miles later because GAS was to much! a v12 using Diesel would of been cheaper!

Built Without Regard To Expense
By John Throbs on 01/17/10 06:54 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

Love the car. It's like driving a fast, well handling, exceedingly comfortable tank. Mine has not had any problems, but I bought it with 50K miles on it and it had a complete service log showing that all maintenance had been done. These cars have two flaws: The a/c evaporator can go out, and it is a $4K, dash out job to replace it, and the engine wiring harness can deteriorate, which is a $1,500 job to replace. Make sure the car you're buying has had these two repairs done to it and you will be fine.

A great Luxury automobile
By Gus Johnson on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

While a little big to run around town with it makes up for it on the road. We recently drove from Naples, Florida to New Jersey in 2 days and most people take 3. It is so comfortable and easy to handle that you hardly know you are doing 75mph and higher.I have had the car a year now and have only had a few bulbs replaced and the oxygen sensor.

S500
By Sharvan on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with approx 87,000 miles on it believing that it was a quality car that would hold a reasonable value. In the two and a half years that I had it, it cost over $6,000.00 in repairs and had to be towed back to the dealer twice. I would not recomend buying a Mercedes of any type unless there was a full warrantee on the car. Do not expect to get any thing for it on a trade. When the car runs it can appear to be a great car, but be sure to have a lot off money in the bank if you buy one used. Especially if the warrantee has run out. I sold it with 122,000 miles on it.