Used 1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercedes-benz S-class - Consumer Reviews

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

This car is before its time!
By Anwar

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

I bought my s500 with 182,000 miles on it and quickly added 10,000 miles within a month. this is a great solid car. i bought it with a few problems but once i gave it a tune up(new starter,spark plugs, oil change to ROYAL PURPLE and spark plug wires) this car ran smoother than a baby's bottom. I drove up and down i95 in and out of town with no problem. A 30 min trip on this car feels like a 10 min trip especially on the open road my foot always seems to sink into the pedal and i end up doing 100+ mph without noticing at all! lol. GREAT CAR! I bought it and invested a few dollars and sold it 10,000 miles later because GAS was to much! a v12 using Diesel would of been cheaper!

Favorite Features

Comfort, Elegance, Big Back Doors, Reclining Back Seats, Heated Rear seats, Privacy Curtain, i can go on for days..

Suggested Improvements

Gas, gas, gas, gas, and gas!

Built Without Regard To Expense
By John Throbs

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

Love the car. It's like driving a fast, well handling, exceedingly comfortable tank. Mine has not had any problems, but I bought it with 50K miles on it and it had a complete service log showing that all maintenance had been done. These cars have two flaws: The a/c evaporator can go out, and it is a $4K, dash out job to replace it, and the engine wiring harness can deteriorate, which is a $1,500 job to replace. Make sure the car you're buying has had these two repairs done to it and you will be fine.

Favorite Features

Absolute safety with speed.

Suggested Improvements

These cars are so inexpensive now that it is obscene.

A great Luxury automobile
By Gus Johnson

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

While a little big to run around town with it makes up for it on the road. We recently drove from Naples, Florida to New Jersey in 2 days and most people take 3. It is so comfortable and easy to handle that you hardly know you are doing 75mph and higher.I have had the car a year now and have only had a few bulbs replaced and the oxygen sensor.

Favorite Features

comforable seats with lumbar heated seats great pickup when needed

Suggested Improvements

the coffee holders are not up to date and are hard to get to. When un use there is no armrset available

S500
By Sharvan

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with approx 87,000 miles on it believing that it was a quality car that would hold a reasonable value. In the two and a half years that I had it, it cost over $6,000.00 in repairs and had to be towed back to the dealer twice. I would not recomend buying a Mercedes of any type unless there was a full warrantee on the car. Do not expect to get any thing for it on a trade. When the car runs it can appear to be a great car, but be sure to have a lot off money in the bank if you buy one used. Especially if the warrantee has run out. I sold it with 122,000 miles on it.

Favorite Features

Good Power, Comfortable, Quiet

Suggested Improvements

Small trunk, by far the poorest reliability and most costly to keep running of any car I have ever owned.