1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
GREAT CAR!
By ahaq on 01/29/13 17:13 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

Bought my S350 Turbodiesel about 2 years ago. Has been a great car! Theres obviously regular maintenance that needs to be done, but other than that a very reliable car. BUT YOU MUST GET ONE WITH A RE-BUILT ENGINE! The W140 Diesels were known to bend rods, mine was rebuilt by mercedes before i bought it so i was lucky. Fuel consumption is good, comfort is great, this car turns heads! I have 2 12 inch subwoofers in the trunk which add to the great bose factory system. I highly recommend this car, but make sure the engines rebuilt :)

I wish they still made this car!!!
By The Best Car Ever! on 09/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 LWB 4dr Sedan

We have owned our S320 LWB MBZ for 15 years this car has been solid reliable and great on fuel( strait 6cyl is a bit underpowered until u gear down and get the tranny involved). SINCE warranty,we have replaced;wiring harness, and the AC was not blowing out the vents that someone else mentioned but it was NOT 4K to fix.New head liner and the radio antenna and just recently struts($900) and catalytic converter, front suspension from wear and tear but I don't think u can fault the car for that. Also some window switches and now the left rear door window motor is out. Rear AC vent and some makeup mirror hinges have broken. This car still rides like a dream and has so many quality features!!

Land Yacht
By JamesT on 05/30/10 02:19 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 4dr Sedan

Purchased new and maintained meticulously through the dealership. No worn out parts or service necessary, just preventative maintenance over the years. For a V12 this vehicle performs like it should; excellent fuel mileage for 12 cyl 3.5 ton car and amazing amenities. Rides nice drives nice still feels like new every day at almost 302k miles :) I recommend Mercedes to anyone!

95 S420 my dream come true
By S420 ON 20$ on 05/05/10 19:51 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 95 s420 for real cheap. I was gonna buy a 96 e320 but saw & test drove it & fell in love with it ! i brought it home & changed tranny fluids & added 2 qt of LUCAS OIL it made such a difference! then i got rid of the stock intake system & replaced it with a cold air intake filter directly on the intake throttle feel hear that & LET THAT engine BREATH

I Love This Car!
By $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on 04/07/10 17:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 SWB 4dr Sedan

This car is wonderful. I bought this with a 175,000 miles and she runs like new. I'm so particular about my car but everything works. I'm happy

This car is before its time!
By Anwar on 04/02/10 22:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

I bought my s500 with 182,000 miles on it and quickly added 10,000 miles within a month. this is a great solid car. i bought it with a few problems but once i gave it a tune up(new starter,spark plugs, oil change to ROYAL PURPLE and spark plug wires) this car ran smoother than a baby's bottom. I drove up and down i95 in and out of town with no problem. A 30 min trip on this car feels like a 10 min trip especially on the open road my foot always seems to sink into the pedal and i end up doing 100+ mph without noticing at all! lol. GREAT CAR! I bought it and invested a few dollars and sold it 10,000 miles later because GAS was to much! a v12 using Diesel would of been cheaper!

Built Without Regard To Expense
By John Throbs on 01/17/10 06:54 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

Love the car. It's like driving a fast, well handling, exceedingly comfortable tank. Mine has not had any problems, but I bought it with 50K miles on it and it had a complete service log showing that all maintenance had been done. These cars have two flaws: The a/c evaporator can go out, and it is a $4K, dash out job to replace it, and the engine wiring harness can deteriorate, which is a $1,500 job to replace. Make sure the car you're buying has had these two repairs done to it and you will be fine.

S 600 coupe is just okay,
By Jeff West on 12/28/09 17:56 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 2dr Coupe

i love the attention that i get when driving this car, and i like takeing it on the highway for long cruises at around 80 MPH, people with sport cars feel threatened when they see the V12 sign,,, they try to race, this car blows away most of them,

Be aware
By nick on 07/27/08 01:32 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350D Turbodiesel 4dr Sedan

I've sold my '95 BMW 740i (V8) to save a money on fuel. The real mileage in town just 20 mpg, only 24 mpg on freeway. Don't fall for the 40 mpg lies! Car lacks stop and go power in the city. Auxiliary fan low speed was the reason it ran hot. No cup holders, parts cost fortune, not even close to Bimmers I've had. Car from the 90's, outdated, slow. I lost money on repairs I'll never get back. Hard to re-sell because its unknown and rare model in US.

S600
By jonny600 on 03/08/08 07:29 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S600 2dr Coupe

The 95 S600 simply put is one of the most amazing cars you will ever experience. You don't just drive this car. Interior-two toned leather seats, double stitched leather dash board,walnut throughout, brushed seude headliner, not enough words to explain the interior-9 speaker stereo amazing! Double pained windows-no road can be heard with windows up. The fit and finish of the cabin unsurpassed by any car make I know of. V12 400hp engine unlimited performance car offers electronic driving modes, in every way this car boarders on supercar status! drawbacks-8-mp, terribly expensive to repair a simple brake job. Most engine parts must be bought in pairs(the engine are two 6cyl engines)