1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
20 years after it was built
By uhdeman on 03/24/13 07:13 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

first Mercedes I owned was a used POS 1993 e230 and I hated that thing and I have despised Mercedes since. I recently purchased a 1994 s420(has many problems, 3 hoses leaking power steering,one window and door lock doesnt work, seats are ripped apart, and needs minor body work BUT.. at 114k and paid only $1500 I had to get it. even with me leaving puddles everywhere i go of power steering fluid I LOVE THIS CAR!(i flip cars over 10 years and this is MY FAVORITE car of all time!! it still turns heads and people do stop and stare. Everyone from young to old love this and they tell me. I do work myself on this and parts arent that bad. I love this car as is! I cant wait to get things fixed!

positive experience
By amartinez on 04/06/10 21:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle with 180k on it. The body and interior is still flawless vehicle drive like new I do 150 miles a day both ways to work and I have not had any regrets. Gas mileage is hard because of the premium fuel but well worth the quality of ride and comfort quick on acceleration for a heavy car and quiet as a mouse

400SEL S420 S CLASS W140
By thatsdax on 10/22/08 16:03 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

This is by far the finest car I have ever driven and have ever had the pleasure of owning. This is a large car that is much larger than the little Lexus LS430. Do not get me wrong, the Lexus LS430 is a great little car, but does not compare to this much larger and nicer Benz. There just is no comparison. I have seen attempts to compare The Mercedes W140 to Lexus, and I can tell you, there is no comparison. The Mercedes W140 is an awesome car! Just awesome! The price for admission is not cheap, but if you can afford admission, you will be rewarded with an experience that is like no other. Power, handling, safety, German good looks, super smooth and super silent.

My First Mercedes
By JON JENNINGS on 11/11/05 19:41 PM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

Since I have owned this car I feel nothing but joy and freedom when I drive it. The power that it delivers makes me wonder why I waited so long to purchase one. This is my first Mercedes but definitely not the last, I promise.

Should have done it sooner
By t-box on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

There is so much class and style packed into this vehicle it should weigh more. Can't get over how comfortable, quiet and quick this sedan is. It is grace on wheels. My only regret...I waited so long to get one.

Best Money can buy
By Terry on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S420 4dr Sedan

The S Class has consistantly been named "The best car money can buy, for any amount of money in any class..." Year after year since the 1950's. Mine has 134,000 miles and drives like brand new. Nothing breaks. The V-8's never leak oil and are known to regularly go 500K or more on the same motor. Trans go about 250K or more. There is a reason these are the Elite of the Elite.